Corsair Community

Connecting Commander Core to Commander Pro

tmh209

Hey guys.

I'm doing a new build and i will use a H150i Capellix and 6xQL120 fans for the case (with lighting node core). Also have a Commander Pro. Motherboard is a Asus X570-E with 2 usb 2.0 connectors. There is enough space for the controllers in the case (Lian Li o11 dynamic)

The setup i wanted:

The ML120 rgb fans with the H150i go to the Commander Core

QL120 fans connected to 1 Lighting Node Core.

Lighting Node Core and Commander Core connected to Commander Pro.

Commander Pro connected to the Motherboard so only 1 usb connector will be used. The other will be used for the front i/o usb. I also have the Internal USB Hub from NZXT but i'm a bit scared that it will cause issues or even potentially fry other parts so i don't really want to use that.

My question is if this setup will work or will it cause issues? Will this be too much for the Commander Pro?

Theoretically the Commander Pro should be able to handle the both the LNC and Com Core in the two USB passthroughs. However, it is the x570 boards that have issues with USB 2 and Corsair hardware and so whether it will work correctly is uncertain. The good news is you have the solution in your hands already. Rather than a risk, that NZXT hub is the solution for X570 board owners that run into trouble with this. It seems to act as an intermediary between the board and everything else.

Theoretically the Commander Pro should be able to handle the both the LNC and Com Core in the two USB passthroughs. However, it is the x570 boards that have issues with USB 2 and Corsair hardware and so whether it will work correctly is uncertain. The good news is you have the solution in your hands already. Rather than a risk, that NZXT hub is the solution for X570 board owners that run into trouble with this. It seems to act as an intermediary between the board and everything else.

I installed everything yesterday (without Internal USB HUB from NZXT) and then did a clean Windows install.

Everything worked but the moment i started HWINFO64 to check temps etc. the voltage readings of the CoPro were strange. Fans showing up then disappearing again. Restarted pc and then when i started HWINFO i disabled Corsair link and Asetek support and that fixed everything. No problems whatsoever. Temps are good, can change fan speed and lighting so i'm lucky with this motherboard i guess.

he moment i started HWINFO64 to check temps etc. the voltage readings of the CoPro were strange/QUOTE]

This is normal and the two programs are trying to access the same devices at the same time. Precluding Asetek support is one step, but you likely need to stop the monitoring of any other internal Corsair devices (AIO, Commander Pro, PSU) if you intend to use it long term. Also, sometimes after launching HWiNFO, you may need to restart the Corsair service. This can be done in the setting panel in CUE.