Corsair Community

Anyone having XD5 issues?

zaj159

Hi guys,

I know the sample size out there is small. But is anyone having any issues with XD5 and RPM control in iCue. I've already replaced a commander pro but can't seem to find out if others are having the same issue of just a 0 RPM readout and no ability to control pump speed?

Would love to know if its software or hardware.

• Corsair Employee
Hi guys,

I know the sample size out there is small. But is anyone having any issues with XD5 and RPM control in iCue. I've already replaced a commander pro but can't seem to find out if others are having the same issue of just a 0 RPM readout and no ability to control pump speed?

Would love to know if its software or hardware.

Hi, please follow up with our support agent. A new ticket (2000773338) was created to handle the issue with XD5 RGB unit.

I'm having the same issue, pretty sure everyone is?

If not already, please create a new support ticket.

support.corsair.com

I think I have the same issue. When I set my pump profile to be the Hydro X Pump settings, I think either the pump is moving very slow or not at all since the flow indicator on the GPU is not moving. Instead, I had to add my own profile to adjust the RPM and had to set it to 90% and above in order to move the flow meter. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work since it's my first time doing custom water cooling. My 3900x is also hitting 90C when I run realbench stress test :/ Seems a bit high for a custom loop with 2 rads.

The pump settings for HydroX are pretty low but the flow meters aren't always indicative of whether you have coolant flow or not - they seem to need a bit extra to get spinning (which also freaked me out). That said, I'm of the opinion that the HydroX pump curve is perhaps a bit too conservative of you have a lot of items (restriction) in the loop. So a custom curve isn't out of the question though you should be getting flow at less than 90% (which is nearly 5000 RPM on these pumps!!). Besides the two radiators, what else is in your loop?

You should, I would think, see better than 90C on the CPU. First. what are you using to measure the CPU temp? Second, what's your vCore? Third, and most importantly, what's the coolant temperature? Personally, I'm seeing my Threadripper 2950 hit 70C max (barely) at high load.

Ah thanks for that info!

I dont have the exact information on hand since I'm at work but this is what I saw:

My current loop:

Corsair XC7 CPU Block + Corsair XG7 GPU Block + 2x Corsair XR5 360mm Rads + XD5 Corsair Pump/Res

1- I was looking at hwinfo and then hwmonitor afterwards.

2- Not sure what my vCore was but on CPU-Z it was showing ~1.3v I left everything in stock.

3- The coolant temp based on the iCue software was ~25-28C

I would check temps in Ryzen Master and see if they are any different. It's entirely possible that HWInfo and HWMonitor haven't been updated yet and the CPU reports temps just a bit differently than previous generations. This happened with the 2nd Gen Ryzens as well and caused much wringing of hands until everything was update. (Not saying that this *is* the case, just that it may be!).

The coolant temps are good. You may also have a contact issues between the block and the CPU, assuming that you see the same temps in Ryzen Master. vCore is right for an AMD CPU.

• 1 year later...

I've plugged the pump fan in to the motherboard and into #6 on the commander pro.

Temp. sensor works fine. Commander Pro and Lighting node appear to work fine.

Flow indicator inline and the one on the gpu block seem to indicate good flow and temps are good.

RPM always reads zero and the hydro x profile for the pump wants the temp. sensor to be plugged into #1 but it doesn't matter which of the four i plug into, RPM is still zero and temp senses perfect

Can you verify by touching the pump that it is actually on at all? Should be able to feel it vibrating (and hear it if room is quiet and put your ear near it).

My XD5 has a molex connector that through some strange PSU cabling oddity connected to 5v rather than 12v (pump needs 12v) so it did not have enough power to make the pump spin.

Make sure you're using the 6-pin ATX to molex cord that came with the PSU you are actually using, and not a different 6-pin ATX to molex cord that might be made for a different PSU with different pinout.

Redoing my 6-pin to ATX molex cord, swapping 12v and 5v, made mine work fine. Still annoyed Corsair didn't just use SATA power, although support said it was for regulatory compliance issues. And yet there are D5s that use SATA power on the market.

Pump is working fine and i can hear it. if there was no flow, the distilled water and subsequent coolant wouldn't have drained / flowed. The flow indicator on the graphics card also wouldn't spin so yes the pump works just no tachometer.

They wanted me to RMA but i am going to cancel since it works.