Corsair Community

K95 RGB Remote desktop bug

broodjeaap

I log in on my home computer remotely (through the built in remote desktop/mstsc functionality of Windows 8.1) and when I did that the first time after getting my k95 RGB, I got a popup from CUE (I get this every time I log in remotely):

http://s11.postimg.org/ze24bp7wz/Corsair_utility_engine_rdp_bug.png

I didn't think anything of it and when I got home, everything seemed to work fine.

Except CUE doesn't switch profiles anymore based on the active application, I've unplugged and plugged the keyboard back in, restarted CUE, nothing works.

• 2 years later...

I noticed the same thing remoting to my PC last week. I used the standard Windows Remote Desktop (mstsc) program to connect ot my PC.

My local PC have a K70 LUX, and when i came back after work i noticed the same error message on my screen.

I needed to unplug / replug the keyboard to get it working again.

Can not figure that this bug is already present near 2 years later !!!

I noticed the same thing remoting to my PC last week. I used the standard Windows Remote Desktop (mstsc) program to connect to my PC.

My local PC have a K70 LUX, and when i came back after work i noticed the same error message on my screen.

I needed to unplug / replug the keyboard to get it working again.

Can not figure that this bug is already present near 2 years later !!!

That's different/unique. I assume you are on Cue 2 versions, but I've been using many CUE 2 versions on Win 10 x 64 pro, back and forth with the office and have not experienced this. While it is unfortunate that advanced features cannot go across the RDP connection with like hardware, it is acceptable given all does work.

That said, through many cue 2 versions and windows updates i had not experienced this and i would say i remote in to one system or the other every day for about 2 years now? Maybe it matters that they both have CUE installed? I can't see that in my head, because sometimes I would remote in from other systems or my phone using mstc but I guess it is a possibility.

The problem is not connecting rdp with a pc having CUE2, but connecting to a pc having CUE2.

I tested again just now, and taking rdp to my home pc with CUE2 and Corsair keyboard works, but when i come back to my home pc i've the error message.

I must unplug/replug the keyboard to have CUE2 seeing the keyboard again.

I will try switching the back switch to a slower mode maybe.

The problem is not connecting rdp with a pc having CUE2, but connecting to a pc having CUE2.

I tested again just now, and taking rdp to my home pc with CUE2 and Corsair keyboard works, but when i come back to my home pc i've the error message.

I must unplug/replug the keyboard to have CUE2 seeing the keyboard again.

I will try switching the back switch to a slower mode maybe.

I have a co worker's pc who i gave my k70 to. Maybe there is something specific about that keyboard vs my k95s.

I can test on my end, but do you know what CUE2 version you are on currently?

I'm on latest CUE 2 Version. Had constated this behaviour with the 3 latests version. Can't test before because i bought the keyboard just 2 week ago.

I put the back switch to a lower speed. I'll try today if it's the same problem or not.

Archived