Corsair Community

600T Graphite Series power button not working

Sorcerer1984

I spent an afternoon putting together a nice new computer last week to find the new case power button didn't work. Luckily the on board power and reset buttons functioned perfectly. Also I ended up wiring the reset button in it's place and it also works...

I have sent in an RMA request last friday and still haven't herd anything back.... I hope I don't have to disassemble the entire tower for a new tower! I spent a lot of time meticulously routing wires etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck with Corsair.

The fan controller on my 600T SE failed after only five months (same component/PCB the power button is on) and Corsair sent a PCB/wiring loom with no documentation or instructions and expected me to get on with it.

I haven't replaced it yet as quite frankly I'm a bit miffed at having to disassemble the case and do all the cable management again having only the case a few months.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104905

Explanation on how to remove the front panel.

It's not as hard as it sounds! Have a read, have a look at what it describes, you'll see it's mostly modular and easy to dismantle.

The wiring loom is all modular too. It's easy to see what cables go where once you have a decent look at them :).

Agreed, it's disappointing to have to start again after hours of meticulous cable management, but if it gets your 600t all fixed, then it's worth the extra time to get it done :).

• 2 months later...

I went through the RMA process and it's been months and haven't recieved anything...

I have always told friends to buy corsair stuff and have typically found their parts above par... I'm done buying corsair, their customer service acts like they will be helpful and then they don't follow though...

Very disappointed!!!

I want my tower fixed yesterday!

• Corsair Employee

I see Case #4673201 was issued an RMA back in MAY is this the case number for a power button on 600T case. Was that not resolved?

I just sent a message to our customer service to get that part sent out to you ASAP and to be sure you have the BLACK Case right?

Edited by RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

Sorcerer1984,

The part to fix your case should have been processed already but if not I will make sure its out the door no later than Monday. And will follow up with you tomorrow. If you don't hear something by 12 Noon Pacific Time tomorrow please bump this post.

iamairdeano

I have no idea what you are talking about please start your own thread and post case number if you need help with a part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This was finally resolved, I was shipped a new fan controller after jumping through a whole bunch of hoops! I then spent part of my saturday fixing a 200 dollar computer case that was manufactured with a faulty button! Where can I send my labour bill ram guy?

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate this forum and your help though Ram Guy. Frankly without you corsair customer service to me would be non exsistent! I do feel as if I deserve something after this build having two faulty corsair parts! More then having to ship a PSU back at my cost and more then being told if it takes more then two weeks I will be charged 126 bucks!

Edited by Sorcerer1984

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but I would suggest calling in and speaking with our customer service is all I can suggest to you. But we would not be able to reimburse you for labor.. :eek: But speak with Customer service and see if there is anything they can do. If you have not shipped the unit back yet call them first they may be able to help with that.

• 1 month later...

Started Suffering from the same problem, button has stopped working, unforunately the case is over 2 years old and I dont fancy having to send the whole case back for RMA, would be cheaper buying a new case, lol

Also I ended up wiring the reset button in it's place and it also works...

brilliant idea, I've now done this and the comp powers up every time, now tho, I have no reset switch, but, this is much better than a machine not powering at all :D

case number #5718634

[EDIT]

Got it working again, can you cancel the RMA please :) thanks..

Edited by TRIaXOR

• 7 years later...