Corsair Community

RGB Fan Issue

Afavorhouse2113

Hello!

I just finished a build about a month ago and everything was working great until 2 days ago when my front bottom LL120 fan that came with my 680x stopped lighting up. I had extra ports so I just moved the fans all down one as the port stopped working and then last night the same fan stopped cause a 2nd port in my commander core to stop working. Neither of the 2 ports are recognized by icue anymore and no fans light up when plugged into them. Is it possible that the bottom fan is shorting out the ports? Or is there a fix?

It's theoretically possible a bad fan is shorting the hub. If you take the suspect fan out and the other fans won't work on the hub, then it likely has been damaged. Time to contact Corsair Support as you likely are going to need hubs and possibly fans replaced. The Ticket Support link is in the header at the top of this page. In the meantime, you can try checking each fan one at a time in slot 1 of a hub you think is working. That likely will become pertinent information at some point.