Corsair Community

Dominator PC2-8500 Compatibility issue

sna696

Hi all!

I've always used Memories and PSUs from Corsair and I was always happy with it.

Not so far bought a 2 x 1GB TWINX 8500 Dominator DDR2 Memories.

But, recently I've decided to add more RAM to my PC (my configuration is available), raising to 4GB.

My actual 2 x 1GB slots are v1.2 (Micron RAM), and the newest are 4.1 (PSC RAM)...

The two slots versions are different also by voltage (1.2 is 2.2v and 4.1 is 2.1v)

Can I add it at the actual slots? This configuration will be stable?

P.S.: I've just read this topic:

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47480

and this:

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=57334

Thanks all!

Hi all!

I've always used Memories and PSUs from Corsair and I was always happy with it.

Not so far bought a 2 x 1GB TWINX 8500 Dominator DDR2 Memories.

But, recently I've decided to add more RAM to my PC (my configuration is available), raising to 4GB.

My actual 2 x 1GB slots are v1.2 (Micron RAM), and the newest are 4.1 (PSC RAM)...

The two slots versions are different also by voltage (1.2 is 2.2v and 4.1 is 2.1v)

Can I add it at the actual slots? This configuration will be stable?

P.S.: I've just read this topic:

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47480

and this:

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=57334

Thanks all!

Well i have the same problem and for me is not a go. My System runs fine with 2 gb but if i add 2 more then after a while the computer will restart itself. I set in bios the timings and the voltage to 2.2 V. i ran memtest for hours with no errors. I dont know what else to do.

thx all!

Ya RAMGUY I've added a little bit more voltage to all system chipsets.

This afternoon the courier has delivered my 4.2 RAM @ 2.1v.

Added to exist 4.1 RAM @ 2.1v, the total system seems to be stable.

I've tried to do something with a configuration (2 x 1GB 1.2 @ 2.2v and 2 x 1GB 4.2 @ 2.1v).

Some times (while I'm gaming, Vista x64 show BSoDs, or freeze), and a very very very strange thing is that Vista show me a strange BSoD: I called it RSoD because the background was RED!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to stress the system to view if it is stable...

I set the 4 banks @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12

FSB/DRAM is 1:1

The system seems to be stable.

What can I try for test the entire memory capacity?

Orthos/Prime95 are 32bit and can allocate more than 3.2GB.

I've Vista x64...

Thanks man!

Hi there,

While I'm gaming or doing something that stress CPU and RAM, and e.g. anyone send me a message with Skype, the system (Vista x64) go BSoD and give me that information: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

What is this, if it is a RAM problem the message is random because the RAM doesn't conserve the right data at right moment, but the only one message that the BSoD show me is this...

Anyone know something about this error?

Hi there,

While I'm gaming or doing something that stress CPU and RAM, and e.g. anyone send me a message with Skype, the system (Vista x64) go BSoD and give me that information: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

What is this, if it is a RAM problem the message is random because the RAM doesn't conserve the right data at right moment, but the only one message that the BSoD show me is this...

Anyone know something about this error?

Go to your control panel --> folder options --> allow a view of system and hidden files and folders. Go to your Windows folder and look for a sub-folder called "Minidump". Upload the newest .dmp file as an attachment here.

No issues in the memory and hardware. It is an interrupt with audio. If you are using programs that are audio intensive, you need to disable Skype and hope for a Windows hotfix for this issue. You might wish to disable the onboard sound and install an aftermarket sound card to see if this will clear the interrupt que issue.

Windows XP Kernel Version 6001 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free AMD x86-64

Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02016db0

Debug session time: Fri Apr 25 02:25:29 2008

System Uptime: 0 days 0:52:40

start end module name

fffff800`01e51000 fffff800`02369000 nt Checksum: 00485FC7 Timestamp: Fri Jan 18 22:03:35 2008 (479192B7)

Unloaded modules:

fffffa60`07628000 fffffa60`07630000 cpuz_x64.sys Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`04520000 fffffa60`04529000 drmkaud.sys Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`00fe3000 fffffa60`00ff1000 crashdmp.sys Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`00ff1000 fffffa60`00ffd000 dump_ataport Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`013f7000 fffffa60`013ff000 dump_atapi.s Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`00d67000 fffffa60`00d7a000 dump_dumpfve Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

fffffa60`03cc1000 fffffa60`03ccb000 kbdhid.sys Timestamp: unavailable (00000000)

You can always install Windows XP for testing and use Games --> Skype to see if the issue repeats. I would bet money it does not. New OS issue...

So, it's Vista x64 that isn't stable...

The hardware is stable.

I'm glad to heard your words! ^^

I know that the audio can be the source of the crashes because it's a PCIe Card (the SupremeFX2 audio card included in MB).

All the web tell that this card is driver-obsolete and the hardware isn't standard compliant...

I've bought time before buy the new MB, an XFi Xtreme Gamer but now I've not the PCI slot to insert it... :(

So, it's Vista x64 that isn't stable...

The hardware is stable.

I'm glad to heard your words! ^^

I know that the audio can be the source of the crashes because it's a PCIe Card (the SupremeFX2 audio card included in MB).

All the web tell that this card is driver-obsolete and the hardware isn't standard compliant...

I've bought time before buy the new MB, an XFi Xtreme Gamer but now I've not the PCI slot to insert it... :(

It's a tough go right now because VISTA and doubly so VISTA 64 is so new that even the X-Fi PCI-e Extreme Audio has issues in VISTA 64. I would just wait for a fix or a release of a PCI-e sound card that is fully VISTA 64 compliant. Even if they say they are right now, there are none that are fully compliant.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk, boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. This will ensure that your memory is working fine.

Archived