Corsair Community

New Virtuoso occasionally has horrible audio quality

sprendog

I just received my Virtuoso yesterday, and every couple of minutes the audio will be very bad and make sort of a crackling sound. It only seems to happen in wireless mode. If anyone knows anything or if you are having the same issue please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Check forum: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190672

It is reported already. You will have to wait until a fix comes.

You sure it’s not hardware based? I just got mine and thinking of asking for a replacement (RMA).

I posted this on reddit:

I have some issues of crackling, everything sounds robotic and split-second sound loss. All this happened while playing CODMW, after I unplugged/replugged the usb dongle + put the headset on/off it seemed to have fixed it temporarily and then again it happened later while in wired USB C mode. Besides all this when I turn my headset off the usb dongle keeps blinking red, is this normal? It’s really annoying! I’ve updated the firmware of both dongle and headset. iCue is the latest version. I spent ₹19000+ in India ($270) for this headset, I expect it to be perfect! Sound is muddy on default EQ but after I fiddled with it, it’s a bit better. Do I need to ask for a replacement or is there some software fix for it? I really like the aesthetics of it and it goes with all my other Corsair peripherals and components, that’s why I’m not asking for a refund.