The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2019, 12:36 AM
badomen24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020858
badomen24 Reputation: 10

I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM
WArheaD_P's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020892
WArheaD_P Reputation: 10

Hi Guys
So basically my headset doesn't work on PC.

iCUE can detect the headset through both wireless and USB mode,setting and lighting works, only just there is no any audio input/output.

On any circumstance,3.5 jack works while plugged in my phone. So I'm pretty sure the headset itself is alright.

FYI, I have already tried to uninstall drivers from device manager and reinstall iCUE.Or Troubleshoot from Windows. Nothing changed.

And When I start up the Voicemeeter Banana, this error pops out.
https://imgur.com/5RnFggy

Doesn't what's the problem, But thanks in advance.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:29 AM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020893
KBhamm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezturbator View Post
My Virtuoso RGB SE is not powering on after a power outage. It was being charged via USB-C from the pc. The dongle is flashing red but the headset refuses to power on thru wireless or cable.
That's a bug it won't go into standby and seems to be charging but sucks itself empty use a 1 amp phone charger.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1020899
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WArheaD_P View Post
Hi Guys
So basically my headset doesn't work on PC.

iCUE can detect the headset through both wireless and USB mode,setting and lighting works, only just there is no any audio input/output.

On any circumstance,3.5 jack works while plugged in my phone. So I'm pretty sure the headset itself is alright.

FYI, I have already tried to uninstall drivers from device manager and reinstall iCUE.Or Troubleshoot from Windows. Nothing changed.

And When I start up the Voicemeeter Banana, this error pops out.
https://imgur.com/5RnFggy

Doesn't what's the problem, But thanks in advance.
Double check your Windows Sound Settings that Virtuoso is set to your default Playback Device and Recording Device. Almost sounds like another device within windows is taking priority right now.

Old 10-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Ady1976's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020935
Ady1976 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by badomen24 View Post
I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it.
I've got this exact same issue! a set i've purchased from OCUK been using a week and noticed quite occasionaly the headset keeps breaking up,clipping going from mono to stereo it sounds like, try discord and grim dawn it does it 9 times out of 10. Also noticed the white solid corsair logo had gone blank when it starts to act up.

Is this faulty Corsair as i need to send it back if it keeps doing this. It's not useable in this state with the disconnections from the reciever, and i've even had the recievcer on an extension less than 1 metre away from heasdset, it is not a signal issue, the reciever keeps going blank and disconnectiong.

Last edited by Ady1976; 10-10-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: mistake

Old 10-10-2019, 11:21 PM
WArheaD_P's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020945
WArheaD_P Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Double check your Windows Sound Settings that Virtuoso is set to your default Playback Device and Recording Device. Almost sounds like another device within windows is taking priority right now.
So after that I tried to uninstall realtek audio driver,nvidia audio driver and voicemeeter.
Checked out everything.
First I tried to troubleshoot.
https://imgur.com/WWoUcB9
there you go.
And still no any audio

Then I install voicemeeter
same message when starting up
https://imgur.com/uzlMLEn
this error message on the Headset Microphone tap.
https://imgur.com/UdpuefX

However the headset works when using KS but still no Microphone.

idk. guessing I'm going for an RMA

Old 10-11-2019, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 1021001
jpdsc Reputation: 10

Thread updated

Old 10-11-2019, 06:15 PM
HilowB52's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021012
HilowB52 Reputation: 10

I got my Virtuoso today and both is wireless and wired operation, I am getting crackling noises if in the audio that is playing appears to be peaking. Not confirmed if that is the cause but did reinstall drivers and iCUE as well. (Similar issues to Feedback/Issue 19 but do not see the dongle lighting issues)

Update: Did a little more investigation and I have audio set to mono, I am completely deaf in my left ear and this helps in some games, played a same video that had this issue with and without (Windows) Mono audio settings and it appears to resolve the issue.

Last edited by HilowB52; 10-12-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Better Understanding of problem

Old 10-12-2019, 02:25 AM
LuciITA's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021035
LuciITA Reputation: 10

[QUOTE=jpdsc;1019898]Corsair,

Feedback/Issues closed
  1. [Fixed 11/10/2019 update][KBhamm] - Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day,

Mine still wont go in stand by if plugged on an pc usb port

Old 10-12-2019, 07:55 AM

POST ID # = 1021056

[quote=LuciITA;1021035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdsc View Post
Corsair,

Feedback/Issues closed
  1. [Fixed 11/10/2019 update][KBhamm] - Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day,

Mine still wont go in stand by if plugged on an pc usb port
Anyone else still having this issue?

Old 10-12-2019, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 1021081
Nozarashi Reputation: 10

Hello,

In my case a problem appears with playerunknown battleground, the volume increases a few seconds after the jump from the plane. Then once on ground the volume drops, as soon as I do not move the sound increases and as soon as I run it decreases.

I think that the headset try to amplify the sounds close to me while I would like to hear those who are far off, I check in windows but no option of this type is activated

Old 10-12-2019, 12:54 PM

POST ID # = 1021087
Planetus Reputation: 10

I'm gunna drop my feedback here for the Microphone:

Microphone quality is quite poor and muffled, it's nowhere close to the clarity on other, much flimsier detachable microphones I've used such as the HyperX mics. We need more microphone options to adjust this, as it sounds like I've got a constant item muffling my speech, or like I'm talking into a cheap Walmart earpiece even though it's supposed to be enthusiast level gear.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:47 PM
MA61 Aiko's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021101
MA61 Aiko Reputation: 10

Hi , this is my feedback
Bought the headset a few days ago.
I must say that I really like the headset , sharp look , sounds good mic is ok ect..
But mine deliver more sound on the left side than the right one.. It's really subtle but I'm sensitive to this , I've no other choice to return it...

Old 10-13-2019, 05:32 AM

POST ID # = 1021130

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA61 Aiko View Post
Hi , this is my feedback
Bought the headset a few days ago.
I must say that I really like the headset , sharp look , sounds good mic is ok ect..
But mine deliver more sound on the left side than the right one.. It's really subtle but I'm sensitive to this , I've no other choice to return it...
Could be an hardware failure. Perhaps contacting Corsair support to get it exchange?

Old 10-13-2019, 09:40 AM
MA61 Aiko's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021147
MA61 Aiko Reputation: 10
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdsc View Post
Could be an hardware failure. Perhaps contacting Corsair support to get it exchange?
Yea it must be that..
Already done :)
I Just hope they will confirm what I am saying because I got the headset tested by somes friends and they are divided lol , most of them told me that they can barely hear the problem and a few other told me they had found a balance problem without me mentioning it..
Wait and see