Corsair Community

HD 120 fans not lighting

Unlit

I just moved and upgraded somethings to the Corsair 570x case.

I changed out the 3 SP 120's the case comes with for 6 HD 120s. I am using the Commander Pro and I changed out the lighting node as I read the SP does not work with the HD fans so I have moved them to a HD node. All fans are running, the issue is no lighting.

The cases front 3 fans are working but the two on my radiator and back fan are not. I have uninstalled Corsair LINK and reinstalled, and there are no updates available. If I move a fan from plug 4 to 3 it works so the fans are fine. I am also running LED strips which are working fine in LED 1, if I move the fans to LED 1 the issue does not go away. The only thing I noticed was the Commander did not register the fans when I installed them. I had to manually add them even after uninstalling Corsair LINK, but it registered I had the strips.

Thank you.

1) Can you show us a screen shot of your Link setup?

2) Have you tried removing all of the fans from the Commander Pro LED channel, setting them as HD and then re-adding them? (And it's normal that you need to add fans to the LED channel; it doesn't just pick them up. I also don't recall them picking up strips either.)

3) Have you tried completely rearranging the fans on the RGB Fan hub? If one fan is bad, then it'll cause the rest of the fans "down the line" to not work. Rearranging them would help you isolate them.

Another thing to try would be to delete the Link configuration and re-add everything from scratch. The down side is that you'll lose any custom fan curves that you may have. The configuration files are found in C:\ProgramData\CLink4 ... just exit Link and then delete all of the .config files in there.

1) Can you show us a screen shot of your Link setup?

2) Have you tried removing all of the fans from the Commander Pro LED channel, setting them as HD and then re-adding them? (And it's normal that you need to add fans to the LED channel; it doesn't just pick them up. I also don't recall them picking up strips either.)

3) Have you tried completely rearranging the fans on the RGB Fan hub? If one fan is bad, then it'll cause the rest of the fans "down the line" to not work. Rearranging them would help you isolate them.

Another thing to try would be to delete the Link configuration and re-add everything from scratch. The down side is that you'll lose any custom fan curves that you may have. The configuration files are found in C:\ProgramData\CLink4 ... just exit Link and then delete all of the .config files in there.

I guess the issue is my third fan. If I move it to the 6th spot and put 6 in the 3rd spot everything works. I'll just have to go back in and change the fans around I guess. Thanks for telling me about one causing the issue.

So that I understand ... the fan that was on #3 (I'll call it "PC Fan" for "Problem Child") did light up, but nothing past it, right?

And when you put PC Fan on #6, it still lights up? And all LEDs are lit? But if you put PC Fan in any other slot, nothing "past" it lights up?

If that's the case, you could probably RMA "PC Fan" ... but I'm not sure if its actually worth the trouble at this point if you've got everything lit up properly.

So that I understand ... the fan that was on #3 (I'll call it "PC Fan" for "Problem Child") did light up, but nothing past it, right?

And when you put PC Fan on #6, it still lights up? And all LEDs are lit? But if you put PC Fan in any other slot, nothing "past" it lights up?

If that's the case, you could probably RMA "PC Fan" ... but I'm not sure if its actually worth the trouble at this point if you've got everything lit up properly.

Yea, nothing past it would light up when in slot 3, moved it to 6 and everything worked. I just went in and moved the two fans around. Everything is working great now (:

Archived