Corsair Community

MikaelRs

Hello!

So on Christmas my parents gave me a Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire.

Now, it has been working like a charm since I got it, but today it has been glitching a lot. I managed to nail it down to the CUE (Corsair Utility Engine)

When I use CUE now I sometimes only have to press once or it decides I need to press twice, and sometimes it also decides I wanted to spam the letter.

Let me show you using the previous sentence:

when I USECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE nowseimssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss nyhaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetto pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppprss onnnnnnnnce

oooooooooooooooooooor it ecieeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Ineddddddddddddddddddddddddddddt pres twieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee andddddddddddddddddddddddd

sometmeasdecissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttd tto spmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhe leterl.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l.l

So that was a trainwreck. I didn't exaggerate it, that was me trying to type that previous sentence.

I have tried:

• Restarting my PC (obviously)

• Restarting CUE

• Reinstalling CUE

• Replugging my USBs in both 2.0 and 3.0

• Checking for updates

I have not -

• Spilt any liquid on the keyboard

• Washed any keys

• Dropped the keyboard

• Raged at it with my hands

^or have made any damage as far as I know.

As you it works perfectly without CUE on, of course the advanced lightning functions don't work but it is usable!

Specs I feel are needed:

Other things:

• I'm using a self made advanced profile, colored after my mouse, it looks like this (GIF)

• I have not touched my PC's USB ports since I plugged this keyboard in

It's not urgent but I'd really appreciate help as I like RGB.

CUE won't recognize my keyboard 2/3 times when polling rate is at 1ms, and it works every time when I use 2ms, like my issue is kind of fixed but I'd like to play at glorious 1ms polling rate you know :[pouts:

I have contacted the support team, because I think they might be the only ones to fix it back to 1ms.

I don't want to put this as solved since as I said, if there is a 1ms option and it doesn't work anymore there should be a fix, I mean you dont buy a 4K monitor to watch HD content because your monitor goes into 10Hz and 30ms response time when you do.

If lowering the polling rate worked then that means your chipset, or USB controller chip can't handle that refresh rate. And seeing as your on an AM3+ chipset i'm not surprised. But yea Corsair Support might have something for ya.

And your right, you don't buy a "4K monitor to watch HD content because your monitor goes into 10Hz and 30ms response time" but this is more like getting a 4K monitor and trying to use VGA as your connection lol.

Okay thanks, I made a stupid choice when I bought my PC a couple years ago so I understand that I might be kind of bottlenecked by my CPU. I'm saving up for a new one hopefully going to get enough for it in time for Ryzen and Vega (if its any good). Still don't understand why I have problems now though, I have had this keyboard as I said since Christmas 2016, so yeah. And I haven't seen any decreases of FPS even in CPU intense games so idk.

Archived