Corsair Community

New Corsair Dom Platinum LED (500 limited edition) release date?

jincuteguy

Any chance for the RAM to be available outside the us? Germany for example? With only 500 kits it seems to be nearly impossible to get one of them. I just got a 32 GB Dominator Kit but if I would get a chance I would buy a blackout kit for sure.

Edit:

But I have a question. Why is it "only" DDR4 3200 while the new vengeance is up to 4300 MHz? Not that it really matters, but isn't Dominator the premium and performance line? And why "only" 32Gb Kits while the vengeance is up to 4x16? I am a bit confused.

• Corsair Employee
Any chance for the RAM to be available outside the us? Germany for example? With only 500 kits it seems to be nearly impossible to get one of them. I just got a 32 GB Dominator Kit but if I would get a chance I would buy a blackout kit for sure.

Edit:

But I have a question. Why is it "only" DDR4 3200 while the new vengeance is up to 4300 MHz? Not that it really matters, but isn't Dominator the premium and performance line? And why "only" 32Gb Kits while the vengeance is up to 4x16? I am a bit confused.

I'm pretty sure it will be available worldwide but very briefly. Don't expect these kits to last.

To answer your other question, this is more of a collector's item rather than the highest end kit. Think of it as a car with a special edition, even though there might be others in that same line of production that are faster and more expensive.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you. However, I guess it's not really possible to get 2x 32 kits and run them together? I don't want to start a big discussion here as opinions seem to differ, but I guess you wouldn't recommend to try?

Would never recommend that with any of our kits, no.

Ok, thank you. Anything new on the release date though? I am kinda refreshing the well known retailers here every hour. To be honest I hope you'll take your time as I just invested in a new rig. :p

In the end I hope to actually get a kit. I will be really mad if I see one of the 500 kits given to the usual youtubers...

• 4 weeks later...

Guys just make some more of these... Ppl are going crazy and the Chances to get one are really bad.

And like I said, if some crappy YouTubers will get a Kit for free and I wont be able to get one for hard earned money, I really will be very disappointed... So yeah this isnt just an opportunity to make Ppl happy but also one to make Ppl really mad...

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any corsair support here at all or what is this forum for? Keep your "special" RAM, I'm out...

I registered here because I needed help with a chassis, noone from corsair answered until today, so I got an other brand chassis... Now it's the same with the RAM, with the only difference that I'll keep my regular Dominators now...

• Corsair Employee
Is there any corsair support here at all or what is this forum for? Keep your "special" RAM, I'm out...

I registered here because I needed help with a chassis, noone from corsair answered until today, so I got an other brand chassis... Now it's the same with the RAM, with the only difference that I'll keep my regular Dominators now...

Here's some video of the modules: [ame]

[/ame]

For help with parts, you submit an RMA and our technical support team can help.

Finally, thanks for the answere. So you have to rage first until staff answeres?

I am afraid you didn't answere any of my questions though. I am not talking about RMA but about RAM. That's what this thread is about.

I wanted to know:

The release date. That's the most important part. People are waiting for this 500 kits, I keep checking retailers and your website daily for this. Not one information.

Second: I know this computex videos, the blackout RAM is barely visible. I need a front closeup at least. I found something on google and if the brand name is also in Black, it will be a huge design error in my eyes. If this is case I'll stay with my standart platinums.

Are hardwarecunacks now your official advertisers?

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but I'm sick of waiting, knowing nothing and not getting any answere for weeks -_-

Again, you didn't really read what I wrote. But thanks for taking yout time anyway.

• Corsair Employee
Finally, thanks for the answere. So you have to rage first until staff answeres?

I am afraid you didn't answere any of my questions though. I am not talking about RMA but about RAM. That's what this thread is about.

I wanted to know:

The release date. That's the most important part. People are waiting for this 500 kits, I keep checking retailers and your website daily for this. Not one information.

Second: I know this computex videos, the blackout RAM is barely visible. I need a front closeup at least. I found something on google and if the brand name is also in Black, it will be a huge design error in my eyes. If this is case I'll stay with my standart platinums.

Are hardwarecunacks now your official advertisers?

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh but I'm sick of waiting, knowing nothing and not getting any answere for weeks -_-

Again, you didn't really read what I wrote. But thanks for taking yout time anyway.

Did you rage at any time? I did not notice if so. I believe you brought up an RMA that was unrelated to memory and that's why I acknowledged that question/concern.

I visit here every couple of days and try to answer the questions that I can but these forums are mostly for users to interact.

You will not get a release date at this time, sorry, I would expect a more firm one once it gets closer to that time.

We don't have an official picture for the modules yet, nor video. I linked you something I thought would be mostly acceptable.

HardwareCanucks sometimes release videos that include or products. We're our only official advertisers and some videos by this brand aforementioned are sponsored; same as other Youtubers.

I, of course, read what you wrote. Remember, just because an answer doesn't please you doesn't mean we didn't read what you wrote.

Now thats an answere I can live with, thanks!

I know your tried your best and this forum isn't your main task at corsair propably. I did not really rage, but I wasn't friendly either. The thing is, I am a big Corsair Fan since I first bought your value RAM around 2002 and I still love to buy your products, although there are some complications here and there. For example: I love my H110i, but the included Fans are CRAP. They start rattling like crazy without any reason after an hour or so at around 1000RPM. I guess the main problem is the missing rubber around the screws... Then I find out the 760AXi doesn't safe it's settings when plugged of because some MB of flash memory are to much of a cost? So I took the 760AX. The better choice anyway I think. Then I got dissappointed with any of your chassis. That is where you got the RMA wrong I think. I didn't want to do an RMA I just wanted more details about the case, but noone answered expect of users.

I already found out that most companies have it's own forums but it is more a user to user help with regular answeres from staff also, but not much. I don't like this approach but I really appreciate that you answered.

It's fine that you can't name a release date. An other employee in a different forum told me something about the middle of august. This is long gone, so I started asking here again. Only to be dissappointed that noone is answering so I got a little bit mad. Sorry for this.

The thing with hardwarecunacks was a bit ironically as I think there are really only a few Youtube tech channels that are worth watching, most of them are more like extended unboxings, fastly done for views views views, and money money money. Look at what happened to Linus for example. Hardwarecunacks are not that bad though, but for example look at KitGuru Reviews on youtube, you got far more informations and it's way more quality in terms of informations. Yes, it might be more boring for some people because there is no fancy cuts etc, but well, to make things short: Don't rely on Youtube channels... But I kinda understand it. Many ppl watch this.

Ok back to the limited RAM: I saw a close front up on a foreign page, it looked like the real thing from what I could compare to the computex videos. Maybe leaked or something... You could find it on google images, I can't find it anymore though. But it looked more like brown/grey than black.

I have 32GB DDR4 Dominator 3000MHz anyway, so I'll take it easy on the blackout kits now. If I get some, fine, if not, also fine... Designwise I think the regular Dominators are looking better anyway. They are close to perfect.

Thank you for your attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Corsair Art,

what I thought just happend, why does Linus already have a kit?

[ame]

[/ame]

Minute: 2:02

Propably for free. Why can't I buy them? Why do you give such limited Kits for free to Youtubers when half of the world is waiting for a handful of kits?

You just lost a customer who is buying your products for around 15 years. Could you please delete my account here?

Kind Regards,

A former customer and a bit of a fanboy

Dear Corsair Art,

Propably for free. Why can't I buy them? Why do you give such limited Kits for free to Youtubers when half of the world is waiting for a handful of kits?

You just lost a customer who is buying your products for around 15 years. Could you please delete my account here?

Kind Regards,

You can buy what he has now, Dominator Ram with LED windows kits.

• Corsair Employee
Dear Corsair Art,

Kind Regards,

Linus is not a customer, he's a reviewer. I'll have someone take a look at your account and delete if possible.

EDIT: What Qqu said is also true.

Do you still want your account removed?

• Administrators
Dear Corsair Art,

That looks like it's either CMD16GX4M4B3400C16 or CMD16GX4M4B3200C16-ROG (the latter if the lighting's off a bit in the video).

The former came out a year ago and the latter came out last spring.

If you'd like to know what the special edition modules look like, check out this video @ 1:14:

[ame]

[/ame]

We can't delete the account, but we can ban you if you'd like. You can let me know directly.

Yeah sorry guys I am waiting for this since June and am kinda pissed you just give away kits to youtubers/reviewers, so I have to fight for 499 kits and not 500 with the rest of the world.

Linus is an Entertainer in the first place, not a reviewer. There are far better actual review videos on youtube. What Linus does is funny, informative and good to watch. Well, nowadays half of the videos are ads... I am watching his channel because it is well done and gives you some information. Never such a channel helped me with my buying decision.

But thats not the point here. So Linus is a reviewr and he needs to review your special looking memory which only 500 people on planet earth will get? So you think people who want your special Dominators need a review to decide? I tell you what: As soon as this kits are available, they will be sold out. Minus the one Linus got and god knows who else. That is the only problem here. I don't care you give away half of your massproduced assets to I don't know who. That is your decision. But Ram kits which are limited to such a small amount? I tell you what I think, this propably went like:

Linus: Hey Guys, I saw your 1337 special looking ram, I need this!!!

Corsair guy: Yes Linus sure, you are a Youtube star, you do much "free" advertisement for us, here take this kit!

Linus: Thanks!!! *comes home and throws it into some corner of his office*

Sorry, like I said I am really mad with this procedure and don't think it is ok. I know a lot of people in germany alone who want to have one of this kits.

Qqu & Corsair Art: So show me a link please. Nothing on your page, nothing at any german retailer I checked, nothing on Newegg. I can buy the "window" thing, but not the computex kits.

Technobeard: Please look closely, this is neither of the ones you posted, this is the computex silver kit which is limited to 500:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26533&stc=1&d=1474532963

The Kit BEFORE he shows the computex kit is one of the ones you posted.

So if he got this for review, where is the review and why does he throw it on his desk like it is 20$ ram and not a special kit the whole world is waiting for? Good advertisement I must say...

You don't need to delete this account or ban me, I'll simply stop posting and buying your stuff. Well, to be honest I propably will continue to buy your ram, as there is no better... But not this special kit anymore, I'll stay with what I have now. I thought this will be a fair race, not that some chosen people will have some already reserved for them. Yeah, thanks.

linus_corsairsilver.png.4a7e5b091da2df63167f6fdf7da30477.png

Yeah sorry guys I am waiting for this since June and am kinda pissed you just give away kits to youtubers/reviewers, so I have to fight for 499 kits and not 500 with the rest of the world.

Linus is an Entertainer in the first place, not a reviewer. There are far better actual review videos on youtube. What Linus does is funny, informative and good to watch. Well, nowadays half of the videos are ads... I am watching his channel because it is well done and gives you some information. Never such a channel helped me with my buying decision.

But thats not the point here. So Linus is a reviewr and he needs to review your special looking memory which only 500 people on planet earth will get? So you think people who want your special Dominators need a review to decide? I tell you what: As soon as this kits are available, they will be sold out. Minus the one Linus got and god knows who else. That is the only problem here. I don't care you give away half of your massproduced assets to I don't know who. That is your decision. But Ram kits which are limited to such a small amount? I tell you what I think, this propably went like:

Linus: Hey Guys, I saw your 1337 special looking ram, I need this!!!

Corsair guy: Yes Linus sure, you are a Youtube star, you do much "free" advertisement for us, here take this kit!

Linus: Thanks!!! *comes home and throws it into some corner of his office*

Sorry, like I said I am really mad with this procedure and don't think it is ok. I know a lot of people in germany alone who want to have one of this kits.

Qqu & Corsair Art: So show me a link please. Nothing on your page, nothing at any german retailer I checked, nothing on Newegg. I can buy the "window" thing, but not the computex kits.

Technobeard: Please look closely, this is neither of the ones you posted, this is the computex silver kit which is limited to 500:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26533&stc=1&d=1474532963

The Kit BEFORE he shows the computex kit is one of the ones you posted.

So if he got this for review, where is the review and why does he throw it on his desk like it is 20$ ram and not a special kit the whole world is waiting for? Good advertisement I must say...

You don't need to delete this account or ban me, I'll simply stop posting and buying your stuff. Well, to be honest I propably will continue to buy your ram, as there is no better... But not this special kit anymore, I'll stay with what I have now. I thought this will be a fair race, not that some chosen people will have some already reserved for them. Yeah, thanks.

Somehow I doubt that these limited edition kits would be sent out to a reviewer. Must be camera angles altering the color of the spreader or you can simply message Linus and ask him what kit that is from.

EDIT: On second look, it says special edition ddr4 and has a laser engraved branding..... So I believe you are correct but I doubt it will count against the 500.

You can clearly see that it is the silver kit some seconds later when the camera zooms out and he throws it on the table. There is nothing in Corsairs range that has a comparable look.

Like I said I really don't care what Corsair does with their stuff, but making people wait since june for such a small limited amount of ram, then giving X kits away to "reviewers" propably even for free when many from their fanbase are waiting for this, is really not customer friendly and a f*** you in their customers face. At least thats how it feels to me. Edit: You know, it's just like when you see a special offer from your supermarket, you get there and it's already sold out, because half of the staff wanted some for themselves.

Nah thanks, I'm out...

You can clearly see that it is the silver kit some seconds later when the camera zooms out and he throws it on the table. There is nothing in Corsairs range that has a comparable look.

Like I said I really don't care what Corsair does with their stuff, but making people wait since june for such a small limited amount of ram, then giving X kits away to "reviewers" propably even for free when many from their fanbase are waiting for this, is really not customer friendly and a f*** you in their customers face. At least thats how it feels to me. Edit: You know, it's just like when you see a special offer from your supermarket, you get there and it's already sold out, because half of the staff wanted some for themselves.

Nah thanks, I'm out...

I think you are making too much of it. While it clearly looks like a special edition ram stick, they may have sent them ones to have reviews ready at launch which means they may be available in the near future.

Why do you need reviews for such a limited one time ram kit? Espacially for one that will propably be sold out as soon as it hits the market?

Maybe I am making too much of it, yeah. But since I am waiting for monthes now, seeing one of this few kits in the hand of chosen people makes me feel mad, sorry. Do you think Linus is the only one?

Maybe I am even not making too much of it, as two Corsair employees answered astonishing fast when they tried to tell me this isn't the kit or that I could buy it, and now, as I showed more proof, are surprisingly quiet. ;)

Sorry guys, no real offense here, as I am really a long time fan of your company and products, with many bought products of which nearly none failed me. But lately I am rather disappointed in your approach. Everything you lately do is putting RGB on literally everything. It feels like Asus ROG, trying to mix Quality products with a childish touch, gaming here, gaming everywhere. I can't imagine your long time clients to want to have a disco in there working enviroment... But well, that is another story. The story with giving away very limited ram to chosen people is another, and that really disappoints me... Also how fast you seem to let long year customers go is rather... well, dunno, not good.

I just think that we need to wait for these to come out. I'm pretty sure Corsair will let us know when we can expect to ordered them or when they will be in stock to buy.

I'll still keep a look out for them as my case hasn't arrived yet and i havn't got the MSI X99 titanium which i hope to use with one of these limited Edition Silver kits :)

Archived