Corsair Community

New K95 vs K90

Logun

Corsair should do a tradeup program like EVGA does with video cards. I would trade up my k90 in a heart beat for what should have been done from the get go.

People will buy a refurbished video card. I don't know about you, but I've seen enough disgusting keyboards in IT, I wouldn't buy refurbished keyboard or mouse, no matter HOW much it's been cleaned, eeewwww...

The K95 is the keyboard I was expecting from Corsair on their first go round. Will definitely be picking one up on release.

Thanks for listening to your customers :)

Just please don't do a Razer and charge us our souls for one :D

• Corsair Employee
The K95 is the keyboard I was expecting from Corsair on their first go round. Will definitely be picking one up on release.

Thanks for listening to your customers :)

Just please don't do a Razer and charge us our souls for one :D

I'm sure some of it is to help their profit margin, however, Cherry switches are definitely not cheap.

The K95 is 100% fully mechanical and you can now program which key is lit. As I maintained though, the cost does go up as a result.

I think I will blindly take and buy it.. After that drink a lot of water everyday to fill my stomach 'til my paycheck in..

Corsair should do a tradeup program like EVGA does with video cards. I would trade up my k90 in a heart beat for what should have been done from the get go.

Yes, I would love to see an option like this. I want to continue using my K60 but I cannot do so in a proper manner considering the sticking keys issue. They should absolutely offer a program to replace k90s with k95s, or k60s with k65s if there will be one, or to pay the cost difference between the models instead of full price, in order to make up for the issue. The sticking keys issue should never have existed, but that would at least alleviate it.

Hey Ram Guy,

Can you please put a bug in the Quality Testers head before you guys release the K95. The K60 and K90 both suffered from several bugs when released, some are still present. Some people still have BIOS and Windows Boot screen issues, and there's still random keyrepeat issues that happen even in bios. (to name a few)

I might consider upgrading to this, if you can assure me these are fixed. Otherwise wasting another 100-150$ on a buggy keyboard that may never get fixed, doesn't seem wise.

theroot,

The K95 features a bios and report rate switch which is located near the USB hub on the keyboard. If your boards bios does not recognize the keyboard, you can switch the keyboard into bios mode. You also now have the ability to switch the polling rate of the keyboard.

Our office in Tapai has been working with Asus and Gigabyte among others to assure that motherboard bios teams can make the upgrades so gaming keyboards will work in bios. So far we have already seen a number of bios updates from Asus that fix our keyboards working in bios. We added the switch because it does take time for them to upgrade.

I can assure you we have been working in great detail on the issue of repeat key that some users are experiencing. We have been doing extensive testing internally with firmware updates. We have also been working with select external customers who have the issue. At this time I cant not give you a firm update on when the update will be available, but can assure you its our top priority.

I think Corsair should fix the issues with the K60 that they have been promising since release before doing ANOTHER keyboard.

That's just my opinion. Sadly, it looks like the K95 still has the plastic F key section and the armrest is built in - can't be removed? Why on both aspects?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I got my K90 for some time, and it works very well for me - i did not experienced any issues with it so far, so i dont know what is that complaining about. :)

If we're talking about new features in upcoming K95. I'm excited about full mechanical change, since it will be really much more comfortable.

- My question is will there be more onboard (/hardware) memory in this model? Are you looking for possibility to pack up more profiles in next releases? The reason is that i used it not for gamming but programming actually :D (but i would lie if i'd tell that i don't switching to gaming from times to times) :) Anyway - i think you should add one drawback in manual software playback function, that it does have noticeable delay, and hardware playback doesnt have such issue. :)

- Second thing is which G-Keys part and keyboard become "one solid piece" because in k90 G-Keys placement is kind of plastic, fragile part which seems to me that it is easy to break.

I saw some interviews, but most of the time your PR guys are talking about light instead of real functionallities, which is kind of funny : D

And one more thing! Please think about shipping some *-NA layouts to Europe countries (i'm not sure how about other here, but here in Poland i couldn't find it in any (e-)store!) and i end up buying that keyboard directly in US

and congratz for debut with so well developed hardware, beside keyboard this year i bought 2x packs of RAM, ssd and keyboard from Corsair : D

• 2 weeks later...

You know, when I was looking for a Cherry MX type mechanical type keyboard last year the choices were far and few.

Now fast forward one year late and they are everywhere! It seems every manufacturer is coming out with their own version. Touch typists and gamers rejoice.

I still dig the unique brushed aluminum look of the original K90 though. I can use it as a skateboard if it ever grenades on me. heh

Rob

Archived