Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 06:40 PM
jpmaio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933937
jpmaio Reputation: 10
Idea SP controller compatible LED strip

Hi everyone!

I bought an 460X RGB to replace my old CM Storm Tropper. I also got more 3 SP120 RGB fans.

I've mounted my ssd in the PSU shroud, but it barely stands out... So, i want to put a single led strip in the bottom of the case, to bring some light to that area.

First i thought to simply buy the Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit, that brings 2 strips, and daisy-chain them to 2 fans in the included SP controller of the case. But for what i've read, that's a no-no.

I know i can buy the CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO, and control everything from the link app. But i don't really want to pay all that much, and i want to use the 3 buttons to control everything.

So, anyone knows an option? i don't want to address different LED's in the strip. I simply want one strip with the same color of the fans, and controlled the same way.

Any hints how the SP120 LED's are controlled is also helpful. I'm not afraid of soldering or arduinos

Very appreciated!

20180105_221214.jpg

Old 01-05-2018, 09:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933948
DevBiker Reputation: 88

As for the Arduino option, check this out: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...hlight=arduino.
Now, with the Lighting Node Pro and Link, you can synch the colors of the fans and the strips. But I'm not aware of any strips ... at all ... that work with one of the push-button controllers.
I do know that there were other strips that Corsairs used to sell with the Commander Mini but I've never had them and know nothing at all about them. There may be others on here that have and could have some comments.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933951
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
As for the Arduino option, check this out: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...hlight=arduino.
Now, with the Lighting Node Pro and Link, you can synch the colors of the fans and the strips. But I'm not aware of any strips ... at all ... that work with one of the push-button controllers.
I do know that there were other strips that Corsairs used to sell with the Commander Mini but I've never had them and know nothing at all about them. There may be others on here that have and could have some comments.
I had the CoMini and strips.. think there was 5 or 6 leds per strip and i know they operated on a different voltage to the Pro strips..... and they wasn't individually addressable either.. all changed color at same time.. no waves etc.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934419
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Unfortunately this is a no-go, the SP120 RGBs use a different protocol than the rest of our current RGB products. I believe they're still 5V, but there's something else different with them.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:22 AM
jpmaio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934523

It's really a shame... If they sell cases with buttons, why not make also things compatible with that? I think that the diferences between SP, HD and led strips are mostly to sell commander pro's and stuff :/

I will buy a white LED strip from cablemod (since white is my fav color in my system), and i think that will look good even if i change the fan colors.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:31 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934546
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaio View Post
I think that the diferences between SP, HD and led strips are mostly to sell commander pro's and stuff :/
Not really as SP/HD fans work independently of the CoPro and NoPro.., and Strips are part of a NoPro Kit.. (not be be confused with the 'expansion' kit)

When they released the LL fans they Supplied a NoPro with the triple packs as they are software controlled only meaning button controllers won't work with them..... which certainly cancels out the need for a CoPro

Reasons to buy a CoPro are as simple as.. do you want a Fan Rpm/Speed Controller that's compatible with Corsair LINK. if so.. CoPro is the way to go...

all simple stuff really.. no conspiracy etc.. just a family of products that can be interconnected ;)

Last edited by Zotty; 01-09-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
jpmaio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934553

I thought on the CoPro, but all my 6 fans are in mobo headers. I found the fan xpert much more friendly to use. I only use Corsair LINK to control the LED of the H100i.

Big thanks to all for the advices ;)

Tags
460x, led strip, rgb, sp controller