The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 AM
levi.baker88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761076
levi.baker88 Reputation: 10
Default What happened to the Corsair Ice T30 Cooler?

In my internet trawls looking for the extended heat fins for Dominator memory, I came across an item made back late 2009 called the "Ice T30", which was a Corsair produced water block for a custom loop cooling circuit to provide cooling for Dominator/Dominator GT memory. I had never even heard of these before and after reading some reviews, did a rather fantastic job at cooling.

This lead me think why didn't development continue? Given that it was for a custom loop, I wouldn't see it being any more difficult developing an AIO solution much like the Hydro Series CPU Coolers.

If an AIO solution was available I would most certainly be keen, given the benefits it has. I have used the Airflow/Airflow Pro setup and it's incredibly cumbersome, useful, but cumbersome.

If the memory activity functionality could also be incorporated from the Airflow Pro into an AIO solution, it would be a great performance and monitoring piece of kit.

Another benefit would be, that Corsair would be the only manufacture to offer a complete water cooling solution without having to resort to a much more costly custom loop setup.

Anyway, I've attached a review if anyone doesn't know what I'm dribbling on about.

http://hothardware.com/reviews/Corsa...ling-Ice-T30-/

Tags
aio, dominator, ice t30, ram cooling