The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 12:01 PM

POST ID # = 963331
stfuitstom Reputation: 10
Default Using 570x original fans on H150i Pro

Hi, i was wondering if you could use the stock RGB fans that come with the 570x case and use it on the H150i Pro

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:14 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963334
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

It is appropriate as fan (blade design), but the SP120-RGB fans are DC motors and thus you will not be able to control them from the PWM H150i Pump controller. You could power them from your motherboard using whatever BIOS controls are available. You could also get a Commander Pro fan controller and run from coolant temp while also acquiring the side benefit of increasing your lighting control over the SP-RGB. This moves control from the limited physical remote to software based control.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:06 PM

POST ID # = 963369

is it possible to mount the ML fans on the back of the rad. and mount the SL in the front? so having fans on both side pulling in.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:21 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963370
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfuitstom View Post
is it possible to mount the ML fans on the back of the rad. and mount the SL in the front? so having fans on both side pulling in.

Yes.. Classed as Push/Pull.. fronts push's air in.. backs pulls air out

Old 07-13-2018, 05:27 PM

POST ID # = 963371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Yes.. Classed as Push/Pull.. fronts push's air in.. backs pulls air out
So basically it would be the same as the H80i V2 then , having double fan on the rad.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963374
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfuitstom View Post
So basically it would be the same as the H80i V2 then , having double fan on the rad.
Yes dude.. just remember.. as said above.. You cannot power the 570x's Stock fans (sp120 RGB) from the cooler.. they would run at 100% all the time.. and SP120 RGB fans are not the quietest fans in the world when at 100% lol

Old 07-17-2018, 07:37 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963883
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Correct. You can tuck them away for another day. The other option to bolt to the interior side of the radiator so you have ML-RGB on the front glass side and the grey ML-Quiet on the back. This is often referred to as "push-pull" or simply you have fans on both sides of the radiator. The dual sided set-up is better at forcing air through the radiator, particularly at lower speeds. The fast you go, the less it matters, but 6x120@800 rpm will put more air through the radiator than 3x120@800.

You do not need this for the cooling effect on the CPU. The normal 3x120 is more than enough for most everyone not using a 12+ core for number crunching. However, on the 570x where the front intake is usually your only supply of intake air, this can be done to try and increase the overall airflow into the case for other components. I generally advise people to go with the single set of 3x120 at first and see how things go. On a technical level, 6 fans have more inherent base noise than 3. Whether or not you hear it is another matter. If you absolutely hate taking the PC apart and find that aspect stressful, then maybe go ahead and put all six on now. It does create the need for another control header and likely a 3-way splitter for the ML-Quiet fans.

Remember the SP-RGB and the ML-RGB will each need their own separate 6 port RGB Lighting Hub. One in the case. Should be another in the ML-RGB 3 pack.