Corsair Community

SPEC 06 Front LEDS and LNP

pjschaffer

I just completed a build in the SPEC-06 RGB case. I have a LNP with a fan hub (6xML120 fans) connected to one channel and four LED strips connected to the second channel.

I'm wondering if I can disconnect the front panel LEDs from the three button controller that comes with the case and connect it to the end of my four LED strips. I haven't seen any info that states one way or the other if the front panel LEDs are compatible with the LNP.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Phil

• Corsair Employee

Unfortunately you won't be able to do that. The plugs won't match up. The front panel LED plug is male. The end of the male strips are also male.

You won't be able to attach the strips to the end of the front panel then plug it into the 3 button controller either. It won't power on.

• 6 months later...
I got the front panel LEDs working with the Lighting Node Pro, You'll have to modify one of the wires with 2 Male ends(notice is missing pin 3 wire)by adding an extra wire and crossing pin 1 and 3 at one end. Now connect the Male ends to the LEDs and one of the Led channels of The LNP. Set the channel to 3 RGB strips or it wont light up all the way.http://oi66.tinypic.com/2pq850k.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm really interested in your solution as I have a close configuration (5 ML PRO on LNP in spec 06 RGB).

I have a standard male to male two wire cable and of course the front strip won't light up if connected to the LNP as a standard strip led.

As I never worked on such cables, could you please explain what do I need to manipulate the cable and add the third wire?

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...