Corsair Community

New Keyboard Flickering Issues?

Timb0Slice47

I have just received my K70 RBG and plugged it in. Everything works perfect except I have noticed when I enable the 16.8m color mode, I tend to get some very subtle flickering.

I first noticed when using effects that involve slow fades, it is noticeably choppy when fading out. Mainly I notice it when I have the effect of a wave of color swipe across the keyboard, if I set the background to a color, when the second color begins to move across, the entire background color begins flickering. A very fast flickering.

I immediately assumed it was a power issue. However it does this in all of my USB 3.0 ports as well as when I try double 2.0 ports. It's not enough to affect my typing or experience but for the price tag you can understand my questioning. I just don't know if this is just the limitations on the keyboard right now or if it's a defect. Is this a software issue or should I return it for a new one?

I just did about 5 seconds of further research and saw that Corsair specifically mentioned that these effects on the 16.m color mode may cause some flickering. So this is basically a useless post. But if anyone wants to give any more input that's fine.

Archived