Corsair Community

570X build with 6 ML fans and Commander Pro

js31pilot

I plan on connecting all fans onto the Commander Pro and wonder if this set up will work without using the RGB controller that came with the case.

I will use 3 ML 120 LEDs (nonRGB) as intake fans on my h150i Pro AIO and another ML 120 LED fan on the back as exhaust. (Should i use the splitter that came with the cooler to connect into the Commander). Finally I am planning on 2 ML 140mm LED fans on the top of the case as exhaust as well.

So long story short - am I good to go with just a Commander Pro for this setup ?

First time build and looking forward to the adventure. :laughing:

You will need to use an RGB Fan hub, no matter what.

The Commander Pro can connect to the Fan Hub that came with the case. You won't be able to have any SP fans attached to it (just the ML fans) but that doesn't look like an issue for you. Using the CoPro with the Fan Hub will give you a great deal more options with the lighting.

Take a look at the RGB FAQ (linked in my sig).

Oh ... wait ... you said ML120 LED, not RGB.

My bad ... I'm so used to RGB everywhere.

If not RGB then no, you don't need a fan hub. At all.

Perfect.......didn’t want too many “black boxes” on the back of the case.

I didn’t want too many colors and liked the fact that the ML LED fans actually have a larger rpm range than the RGB ones. It will simplify that part of the build in my mind to plug it all into one box.

Although I like the RGB look it can also be overdone and I prefer Christmas 🎄 in DEC - lol.

I do have RGB ram and also the cooler (h150i) has it too if I want to change things up.

Thanks again brutha.

I will leave a pic when it’s done :)

Please do dude :)... rare any of us do the rainbow unicorn in our own systems.. currently i am rocking a nice warm orangey glow my self :)

NkS8FLXl.jpg

I have 2 Node Pro's outside my case so desk's/monitors/tv lighting is synced in link :)

BXJEpkhh.png

[ame]

[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

You have a couple of options.

You can run a cable out the back and plug in to an external port. For the H150i, it's a standard micro-USB. For a NoPro, it's a mini USB.

Depending on what else you have in the USB ports (I see the AX, not sure if there's anything else), you might be able to use a single-port USB extension to put two Link devices on a single USB header.

If you notice, the H150i PRO header connection only has cables on one side. The AX1500 is likely the same way. They only use 1 USB port on the header, not both. So if you get two single port USB 2.0 extension cables, you can use this to wire up the AX1500 and the H150i to a single port.

It looks like the 2 into one usb header splitter will work.

I have the AX and also the Commander Pro in the 2 available headers at the moment. What exact search should I be looking for online so I don’t buy the wrong adapter ?

Something like this ? https://www.moddiy.com/products/10%252dPin-USB%7B47%7DAC97%7B47%7DHD%252dAudio-Internal-Header-Y-Splitter-Cable-(5cm).html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw9nUBRCTARIsAG11eicNJCyWgrwNho8120RGGv_1gVFjtWQH0lgy1rGtb_Kax1y0S-7DIasaAtJHEALw_wcB

Thanks Dev so much for all your help along the way.

1CBFC6BD-64C3-403F-8AA1-FB5796307830.jpeg.fe408f62684d5ae98d7680c8e46c1f79.jpeg

4AA03C4E-1153-4933-AB05-E2D0D3D24194.jpeg.88cc040a03379b43b27293a6b1876e02.jpeg

C1E37BB3-BEF0-41A3-9580-ADD38037B1E1.jpeg.aee69e2a8299f86fc9ccd1269547e79d.jpeg

Annnnd just like that I am lost again lol. Why would I need two of these cables? With that splitter wouldn’t I just hook up the 2 to that and then attach the side with one male end into the motherboard right ?

Or they could just add a 2.0 port on their motherboards......lol.

Annnnd just like that I am lost again lol. Why would I need two of these cables? With that splitter wouldn’t I just hook up the 2 to that and then attach the side with one male end into the motherboard right ?

Or they could just add a 2.0 port on their motherboards......lol.

I'm not sure what that splitter does or how it works. The cables that I referenced I'm actually using to combine my H115i PRO and HX1200i USB connections to a single USB header on the CoPro so I know it works.

The trick is to take a close look at the cables. You'll notice that only one side has wires going to it. That's because it only uses a single USB port ... but an internal USB header actually supports 2 ports. So you put the single extension on that and then combine the two of them. The tricky part is to make sure that you plug them in correctly to the CoPro. I can try to get some pix of my setup but I likely won't be able to do that for a few days, at least.

And yeah ... motherboards are skimping on the USB headers these days. :(:

I am in your hands brutha.......thanks !

Real life gets in the way all the time - lol. Take your time and send pics when you can. The PC is running like a champ and it is a nice to have not must have.

I ordered your solution but they only had one cable so I will have to wait until they are restocked. I also ordered the usb splitter as well - I will try to see if I can get that to work and send pics.

Talk soon.....

OK. Here are some pictures.

Connect the extension cable to the cooler or PSU Link USB cable. When you look at the Link USB cable, it only has wires on one row ... that is, for one of the USB ports. You'll connect the extension cable to that same row.

y4mQSocy95aQCRkXKCZn-0Cqaaed1WA1AqDkETD46DuuqzjCDcGsr4B_gfxw-iCidDJIzY7GKCPlZ0cQogYlh0Qfdv0PVG6Pb-UHpk4qKl1twC2pOOd9id_0CwjqqJ8y3MZSvkeUzSDNWmD5HEj9gjxzcmKkIY1Q-XQKPlAWNXxfrylN1DexqT3I7bqSfCttHBY2o2uEpIsv5-yeDLYL2ncfA?width=1066&height=544&cropmode=none

Be sure to match the colors for the cables on the extension and the Link cable. Red to Red ... Black to Black ... Green to Green ... etc.

y4mgj27EMJWNJ9iORw8dieYf9stD8QlQ5sP-PCjQ6eqekHM5-f0RIYi3fXtFGwqFjmQPFw8xrTWWBFl8jJcyEGoyDE9G36ULqppnP_3pu0pSRNZnaLj3hdyS751kd091eYhBWaulH0jVG9aRxzWYSC86KEd-EZwpCz6udEQkuahk8e2FUou8iioJGsyng1_3_7eyMOmSyLZLXfWtw4DBk-ZAw?width=563&height=327&cropmode=none

When plugging into the CoPro, orient them so that the black cables are plugged in closes to the temp sensors. It's also easy to misalign them. If you do that, the CoPro USB hub won't initialize at all. Which can be quite frustrating.

y4mT-2gRaSirqlCJMFz977ZvgQM_pr58xrF2xNBQFwkJqou8jJnrAA4j3FFwsWR2Ew9IJ7Y0XcXPSOsdG4A39QUc6cIy6RqcrxGSJzsLp8nIb9qRYqqXIKfH6pAnymt647CgOMIZyY6AghAsSXljYT86HaySEPDxYEPOOb4yovIn6m-mYtUVs-trLXxMA-jmI2gRh1vVK6Z-4Cz0wecIZSJRQ?width=615&height=496&cropmode=none

The cable that I linked to is an example ... any 5-pin, single port, USB 2.0 extension cable will do the trick. I've actually pondered making my own cable that would do this but it's not gotten past the pondering stage at this point.

This, by the way, is how I actually have my H115i PRO and HX1200i connected to my CoPro and it works just dandy. Well, it did once I properly aligned the headers when connecting to the CoPro. :sigh!:

ok I have one of those cables delivered that you referenced.......I have another on the way since I ordered the last one in stock at the time. wouldn't I just need one cable to connect my AIO to the CoPro or do I still need 2 to make it work? I am getting 2 regardless just trying to wrap my head around the need for two extension cables.

ok I have one of those cables delivered that you referenced.......I have another on the way since I ordered the last one in stock at the time. wouldn't I just need one cable to connect my AIO to the CoPro or do I still need 2 to make it work? I am getting 2 regardless just trying to wrap my head around the need for two extension cables.

One cable is for the cooler, one cable is for the PSU. The PSU will be connected the same way, but to the other USB port on the header.

Make sense?

It does but wouldn’t that free up a USB header on the motherboard as well by connecting them both to the CoPro ? I am one header short due to the AIO needing to be plugged in. So if I use the extension cable to connect the AIO to the CoPro wouldn’t I be all set ?

Archived