Corsair Community

Rapidfire - new RGB controller?

augusttay

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed before - does the new K Rapidfire series use the newer RGB LED controller than the Strafe RGB has? I currently own the standard K65 RGB and am pretty sure the RGB on the Strafe transition more smoothly and doesn't jitter as much.

Secondly, does anyone know if Corsair will roll out updated K70 RGB models with Brown switches (i.e. with new LED controllers and USB passthrough)?

Secondly, does anyone know if Corsair will roll out updated K70 RGB models with Brown switches (i.e. with new LED controllers and USB passthrough)?

There will be no K70 RGB 2.0. Maybe they'll make "Rapidfire" Browns... which is basically K70 RGB 2.0 Brown.

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed before - does the new K Rapidfire series use the newer RGB LED controller than the Strafe RGB has? I currently own the standard K65 RGB and am pretty sure the RGB on the Strafe transition more smoothly and doesn't jitter as much.

There is not going to be K70 2.0 or K70 RGB Rapidfire with red/brown or blue switches. Corsair's releasing K70 RGB Lux which is the same upgrade of K70 Rapidfire but with red, brown and blue switches :)

Read http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=849750#post849750

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-gaming-k65-lux-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/5092005.p?id=bb5092005&skuId=5092005

There is not going to be K70 2.0 or K70 RGB Rapidfire with red/brown or blue switches. Corsair's releasing K70 RGB Lux which is the same upgrade of K70 Rapidfire but with red, brown and blue switches :)

These K70 RGB Lux keyboards will essentially be K70 Ver 2. OK, they may have other design changes, but the big change is that they will have an LED controller that the K70 (Ver 1) should have had.

Archived