Corsair Community

Turn off leds in standby/sleep of computer

Mock

I have both Commander Pro, LL fans and Vengence RGB memory. everything seems to work fine with CL but want to know if its possible to turn the light off from the Memory when the computer is in standby. all the fans leds turns off as they should, so its only the memory that light up my room.

Yes this is possible.

Because LL fans require CL running in the background to work, these turn off in standby mode anyway.

The memory RGB (and other motherboard RGB) can be turned off via BIOS. There is an option to have RGB effects turned off when the PC is in standby mode and when in off state. If you own an ASUS motherboard, you should be able to find this setting under ROG Effects if you own a ROG motherboard. Here is the section of the manual (which I own for my board).

MGIjVNX.png

8R2QtaM.jpg

Thank you so much, i didn't think the memory leds was a part that could be controlled from BIOS and was looking into CL. gonna test it when i come home from work.

as for the fans they work as i expected. so its great they at least turn off.

If you have Aura installed, it may override it. It's hard to really pinpoint this without your board. There some definite differences between how this works on my X99 Strix compared to the my Z370 Code.

New versions of Aura will have OFF as a choice at the bottom of the effects list in the "Sync at Shutdown" menu. Older versions have a very non-intuitive off selection in the second from left menu suggesting it controls something else.

I put my PC to sleep now with Aura on and the memory stays on. When turned off it stays off. It is linked to Aura it seems. If you turn off Aura (flip the switch in the UI to off) before putting your PC to sleep it will turn off the ram. You'll need to enable it again in Aura to get the RGB working again which sucks until we can find out a proper solution.

I wonder if it is a limitation between the board and Aura.

• 3 months later...

I am running a ROG Strix Z370-E/Corsair 3200 RGB.

I have the BIOS set to turn off RGB when the PC is in sleep mode. This works everytime for the MB, PhAntecs LED strips and Halos but would leave the Corsair RGB memory at whatever the color was when I slept the PC. I have been running Aura in Rainbow mode but switched to "single color wave" set to the fastest speed, the slowest speed may work better for the results I describe below:

I set Aura "sync at shut down" to off.

Experimenting I discovered that if I wait for the color wave to cycle on, and the timing is critical and can affect the results, I can click the sleep button in the quick launch and as the PC starts to sleep the memory's RGB cycles off and stays off just like the other RGB's in my machine.

This disproves the theory that the RGB cannot be shut off on the memory because the memory must maintains voltage for data retention during sleep mode and it also proves that this can be done with software, after all if the Corsair RGB memory can be cycled off and on why not be able to turn it off. I see the problem as two different companies not willing to work together, appears the solution could be simple.

Archived