Corsair Community

One H100 radiator fan screw hole too loose

Narada

Hi guys,

First post. I'm building my first pc and half my components are Corsair which I'm very proud of as I really like their products. The other half is from Asus whom I also love.

Now onto my problem. I just unpacked my new H100 (sadly the new H55 and updated H60 aren't available in UK yet) and while trying to mount a stock fan onto the radiator I found that one of the screw holes is too loose so I can't actually screw that corner of the fan on.

What should I do?

1) Screw the other corners, mount the fans and give H100 a trial run. If it works without rattling it works. Otherwise return it or get it replaced.

2) I'm using a push exhaust configuration on top. Switching to a pull exhaust configuration (put fan above radiator instead of below) would allow me to get around this problem but is pulling more effective in exhaust than push?

3) Return it or get it replaced right away. How do I do this?

4) Fix the hole myself. But how?

Which option do you recommend or if something else then what do you suggest?

Thanks.

if it were me id get a rubber bushing to put in between the loose hole to prevent any possible vibration but 3 screws will more than hold it ok

of course you do have the option of returning it,you can call them and get an advanced one shipped to you first before the old one is shipped back.

Thanks wytnyt. I had to look up what a rubber bushing actually was. I certainly don't have any of those handy. I think I may get a refund/replacement from Corsair/Amazon. I don't feel comfortable with the fan raised on one corner from the radiator. So I'll probably try a replacement or an alternative product. Shame Corsair's new coolers aren't available in UK yet.

• Corsair Employee

If one of the holes on the radiator is indeed not properly threaded, my suggestion is get the unit replaced either via re seller (which is probably faster) or you get them process via our RMA using the link on the left.

but in a lot of cases, try securing 3 screws and see if that causes vibration, if not, 3 screws are enough to secure the fan. I've actually tried two (opposite sides) myself and no issues at all.

Thanks RAM GUY. I took wytnyt's advice in the end. I found some rubber bushings when I removed the top 200mm fan and used one of those above that faulty screw hole along with three other screws. It seems fine so far. Though I've only just finished building my pc in the last five mins but should be fine. To be quite frank I couldn't wait for a replacement! I was too impatient to get this done! :)

Archived