Corsair Community

I'm building my first PC to play some games and just want to know if the components listed below are all compatible. Also need help on finding RAM and not too sure on the video card, thinking about going with the SAPPHIRE R9 270x 2GB GDDR5 Dual fan but not sure if its compatible or I could get another one thats better. Thanks guys.

H87 LPUS ASUS Motherboard

Intel i5 processor

CS Series Modular CS550M — 550 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified PSU (not too sure on wattage, help?!)

Corsair Graphite series 230T Windowed Compact mid tower case

I'd go with the 760 too. If your only gaming and not mining pretty much all of AMD lineup is overpriced due to mining. Mind you the 270s aren't hit as hard by this. I'd still go for nvidia. Mantle is nice but there's been some recent showings of nvidia next driver line optimizing the crap out of cpu usage making it close to on par with mantle. And when dx 12 comes it'll exceed mantle. DX11 will be supported on current gen cards. If u never plan to ad a second card a quality 650 watt like a 650tx will do.

I'm looking to spend no more than £125 on a gpu. I'm only really using the computer for school work and some of the latest Total War games.

I'm looking for a card that is compatible with all the other components in the first thread. Also if I change the processor to an i7 can i still use the same motherboard? I'm new to all this PC stuff

I'm looking to spend no more than £125 on a gpu. I'm only really using the computer for school work and some of the latest Total War games.

I'm looking for a card that is compatible with all the other components in the first thread. Also if I change the processor to an i7 can i still use the same motherboard? I'm new to all this PC stuff

you can use any i3, i5 or i7 as long as it is socket 1150 (board you pick). It will be better if you say your total budget?

i gave you a whole list of good gpu's to choose from,your making us guess with suggestions,then dismissing them.

you should consider what you want,,look at various products and view the specs and see if it suits your needs and budget...

Sorry only just saw your reply with your suggested gpu's. In total I'm looking to spend around £600 ($990)

Its my first build so don't have a clue what kind of gpu I need, or whether its compatible, what kind of wattage it needs. I've been researching them over the last week and its all a little overwhelming, when you don't have a clue what somethings mean.

I'll take your suggestions into consideration.

Any ideas, for reliable 3.5in hard drives? Or any decent optical drives?

Archived