Corsair Community

Any recomended fan specs for add on fans for the CC800DW?

z999z3mystorys

I'd like to know how loud the fans are that come with the CC800DW, so I know what dBA limit to have on additional 120mm fans so that add on fans will not be louder than the built in fans.

Also, is there any type or brand of 120mm case fans that are recommended by either Corsair or forum members? I'm looking for 120mm black fans (NO LED) with the highest airflow possible with a dBA no greater than that of the included fans that come with the case.

(also I know that the included fans are 140mm and so will likely be quieter than 120mm fans with the same airflow)

Can't go wrong with Yate Loons. The ultimate for silence would be a Scythe S-flex though. They're available in several different specs.

Also, if you're concerned with noise, a fan controller might be a good idea for you. The Zalman MFC1-Plus compliments the Obisidan's faceplate nicely (black brushed aluminium)

When I look at different fans I rarely see the spec if they are 2 wire or 3 wire. Am I correct to conclude only 3 wire fans can be attached to a controller? And when picking out the 3 wire fans how can I tell if they have the correct connector to plug into the terminals on my MB? I use ASUS boards. Thanks for looking over a pretty routine question.

I do most if not all my shopping on the egg.

Archived