Corsair Community

Write and persist LED effects with CUE SDK?

Inventor22

I'm working on a project to sync all my RGB accessories with a C# script, as my RGB products are from different manufacturers and there isn't one software which can control them all.

I find that after the script sets LED effects, and then closes, the LED colors wont be persisted and and all LEDs will turn off. If I let the program loop indefinitely awaiting a key press or so, the LED colors will be sustained.

Is there a way to save lighting effects on-device using the CUE SDK, so I can run the script once without keeping it running idle indefinitely?

Further, is there a way to write LED colors on Corsair Dominator RGB RAM without "Enable full software control" checked in iCue software -- i.e. presumably save RGB effects to EEPROM or flash memory on the RAM itself?

this does not answer all your questions, but generally the the hardware settings have to be controlled in iCUE afaik, the SDK will simply engage iCUE and say, hey let me take control and do some stuff right now.

So without your SDK application running, nothing is telling iCUE not to have control. You can look into the GameSDK integrations, as although they take some setup, they offer a lot and may achieve what you are looking for. No SDK software will persist if iCUE is closed however, unless you set the hardware lighting (wherever it is an option) to something ahead of time.

TLDR; What you are probably are looking for is https://rgbsync.com/

The GameSDK has the same limitations as the normal SDK. The "game" must be running to control the lighting effects via iCUE. That's why I created https://github.com/Legion2/open-cue-service a background service which always must be running. The service "persist" the settings you set to it as long as it's running.