Corsair Community

cracked

Tyx

The exact same thing happened to me. First one side broke, so I ducktaped it so I could keep on using them, then the other side went and broke too. I had G930 before and its mic fell apart, got this one as replacement from the shop I bought it at and then this happens. The shop manager said his suppliers didn't want to cover this...

Ironically while both these high expensive headsets break during normal usage on my head, my old cheap Sennheiser wireless headset still works flawlessly, except for the lower sound quality of course. I'm really expecting stronger structure quality when I pay 300$ for a headset. >.<

Case: #5179286

• 1 month later...

This is also a issue for me. At first I had a logitech headset, the mic just went and broke off as I raised it upwards to mute it and put it away after discussion. Since I had been having troubles with the drives so I got it replaced for this Corsair2000 from the shop where I bought it.

Well, then the Corsair 2000 broke apart just like that. Had to go through the Corsair RMA since the shop didn't want to insure it since the earlier product they sold me broke too... Well, got a new one through the RMA but couple of days ago I just noticed a thing....

http://i.imgur.com/XGkox.jpg

Seriously, this is turning out to be one gigantic design flaw. I wonder if I should send this one for RMA before it breaks totally appart or not just to get a new one that I'm getting certain will go just the same....

Would have it replaced for something else through the RMA if I weren't so low on current funds that I can't buy a different high audio quality headset that ain't held together by cheap plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

As I asked in the RMA, which I never got any answer to, I would like to know if its possible to have the headphones traded for another product. Since this issue is frustrating me to no end, I would prefer getting a working product instead of having to send it again and again for replacement with another of the same faulty headsets.

The headset has been delivered to the RMA office but new one not sent back, which ain't strange considering the winter holidays.

But would like to know if I could have other products instead which I assume ain't having the ammount of issues the Vengance 2000 is having.

• Administrators
As I asked in the RMA, which I never got any answer to, I would like to know if its possible to have the headphones traded for another product.
What's your RMA number? I just looked at the RMA that's under the same email that you used for the forum, and there is no such question in the ticket (5179286), and it was shipped / delivered almost 2 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Could take some time for them to go through all the RMA send around New Year's Eve (their office being close).

Also waiting for a response on my RMA but for a refund. I got a replacement which lasted a week before a crack appeared. So i'm done with it. A shame, it was quite good.

Well I do notice the new headphones I got still haven't cracked, liking that they are also switching to Dolby 2.0 for the 7.1 audio next month. Which should fix most driver issues.

Only been a week since I got them though...

• Corsair Employee

I think everyone is confused here. There is a cracking issue being reported. We are investigating it because even though the same spot is cracking, there can be multiple causes. We do have headsets that we can confirm won't have this issue and those are being given out for those who have the issue but they are not "revised" as in there is something physically noticeable about them that implies the design is different from what you all have. For example (and Im just using this as an example, not implying anything), the issue could have been easily solved by testing the headset through an entirely different stress test improve on the QC.

Remember guys, we have thousands of headsets out there actually sold, not just sitting on the shelves. If this was an epidemic, there would be hundreds of threads here detailing it from the huge volume we're getting back. Even worst, our retailers would be turning on us faster than you the consumers. Fortunately, this is not the case and I'll make sure everyone who has this problem is taken care of. People like Tyx, who has multiple issues, is unfortunate but we will do everything we can to resolve it for you.

I'm only the messenger guys but I'll do what I can to help. That's all I can promise.

We do have headsets that we can confirm won't have this issue and those are being given out for those who have the issue but they are not "revised" as in there is something physically noticeable about them that implies the design is different from what you all have.

So can you tell us what was the cause? was it really just a matter of reinforcing the weak spot of the headset? was it just a matter of one or two bad product batches?

I dont mean to thread crap, but i had a thread on here about having to replace few v2000 heatset's.

Ramguy took care of me, i just got my pair today, they feel different to me, and more sturdy, the plastic feels more tough if you would put it that way.

but they time will tell if they last. no offense i love corsair and there customer service, but i am just hasty on this, if this or break or not.

• 2 months later...

Well, this one lasted the longest at least. Been ultra careful with all the handling on it but in the end a small line appeared that has been growing weekly just like the one before. :[pouts:

http://i.imgur.com/ttohsQH.jpg

I'm afraid I can bring no more faith in this issue getting solved after this fifth unit broke too, so will have to ask for refund. Though uncertain how that is dealt with considering I bought the original from third party vendor. :sigh!:

Just got my RMA back on my Vengeance 2000 headset. I was told the issue was fixed for these but just in case is there anything i can do to ensure that this wont happen again?

I'm thinking of putting a little glue and maybe using some black electrical tape to bind the spot it cracked last time maybe providing that joint a little more durability.Though i'm not sure if that would void my warranty. I love the headset i just want to use it and not have it break again.

Support was great, but it still costs $15 to ship it in every time which is something that will drive up the cost of the headset if this keeps on happening.

Support was great, but it still costs $15 to ship it in every time which is something that will drive up the cost of the headset if this keeps on happening.

You can send it with USP for free after the first RMA.

• 1 month later...

Well... asked for the refund on the RMD and that went progressing. One thing that I had been wondering since the start is because I bought it originally from third party shop, so the price is of course higher than the default going rate for example sold online, taxes and all that.

Got asked about that and I told the RMD department the whole story, last reply I get is he is going to talk to the manager. That was twenty days ago so decided to jump on the RMD thread and ask about it.

But going back there only ends with "IMPORTANT: This page is no longer available.", so I guess my RMD got simply deleted. The fun thing living on a small island where all the shops use secondary suppliers instead of direct supplier...

Anyhow, guess that RMD got sent to the trash when they figured out the problem I had been asking if it wouldn't be a issue in the first place. Would have been nice just being told so instead of simply thrown away, not to mention I never got that Flash USB drive I got promised after the fourth headphone broke...

Seems my only hope is to return to the store and direct them to this thread, would be great if I could get something to show acknowledgement of the issue by Corsair so I could push to get the headphones refunded by the store itself.

Archived