Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Headphones sound horrible in Overwatch!

skygunner27

I decided to buy these headphones based on the Youtube reviews. I have exchanged these headphones twice, and tried 3 different computers....while only playing Overwatch. I decided to try other games before returning, these headphones sound incredible in CoD, Gears 5 etc..... In Overwatch there is a ton of cracking and popping. Also the max volume is very low. Positional audio seems off at times. Please fix these problems in Overwatch. For now I have a 2 year warranty on these, and will hold on to these in hope of Corsair addressing this audio quality issue in my favorite game Overwatch.

• 3 months later...

I am experiencing a similar issue with HotS.

What has solved some of the audio issues for me is to set the sound quality to 48000 hz in the sound control panel properties of the device.

The default USB mode setting is 96000 hz and this somehow causes HotS and Overwatch to drop in volume. I think it has something to do with the increased frequency range meaning all the sounds in game no longer "fill the range" so to speak.

I don't really recommend changing the USB mode setting. Instead just use the wireless dongle, it defaults to 48000 hz.