Corsair Community

H100i v2 low buzzing noise

qLofty

So I've had my pump and fans for about 5 months now and in the past 2 weeks, I've been able to hear a buzzing/humming noise come from the pump/case. It has become more apparent while I am just browsing the web or doing work. Clearly, while I am gaming I do not notice it.

I am not sure if this is something normal with the pump over time or if something faulty is happening. Also, my pump sometimes comes up twice in iCue software (will say h100i v2 and h100i v2(1)) And one would be stuck on whatever RPM it was on and the (1) will be the functioning profile. Now in iCue my h100i v2 is listed as h100i v2(1) and the regular h100i v2 is gone.

Along with that my push/pull config on the radiator seems to be making more noise than normal as well.

Video:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

My setup

H100i V2 front mounted Radiator Push/Pull

Push: 2 ML120s

Pull: 2 ML120s RGB Pro

Case fans:

3 ML 120 RGB Pro

Connections:

h100i v2 connected to CPU_FAN. Set to 100% in BIOS.

2 ML120s & 2 ML120 Pro (Push/Pull) connected to Silverstone fan hub that gets SATA power then the fan hub is connected to 4 PIN header of the Pump fan splitter.

3 ML 120 RGB Pro connected to Deepcool 4 fan hub then that is plugged into CHA_FAN 1

All fans are connected to lighting node pro as well.

Is this normal or something I can do to test the noise. Could the Silverstone Fan hub be causing an issue and I should connect to CPU_OPT and use BIOS to control those?

I can't hear anything at all in that video. However, you have 7 ML120s in that case that have a low speed hum all their own. It is possible your environment has quieted down in the last several weeks to the point where this is noticeable. I don't hear much out of my case at all in warmer months when ceiling fans, air conditioners, and the like create a higher noise floor. Then cold, quiet January comes around and everything sounds loud. The only way to isolate strange pump noises from the fans will be to disconnect the fans.

Thank you for the response but where i have my computer in my basement is a quiet area for the most part (no AC). I will try to get another video to showcase the restarting my computer and the noise difference.

I notice when i do a restart of my machine but the fans keeps spinning but the pump stops. The low buzzing noise stops and then starts up again once my system starts up again.

I have dropped the CPU_FAN speed to 85% and the buzzing/humming stops.

I have dropped the CPU_FAN speed to 85% and the buzzing/humming stops.

Ok, well there is a problem. You shouldn’t cut voltage to the unit like that. It will affect pump speed, fan speed, and lighting, the same way a dimmer switch cuts power to your ceiling fan. This has long term implications for pump health. Additionally, that trick isn’t going to keep working. Soon 85% will buzz, then 75%, and so on. I suggest contacting Corsair Support through the ticket system to see about a replacement.

In the meantime, see if there is any difference in sound between the two pump speeds at desktop. The pump never stops, except on full power off. If the pump, fans, and lighting are flickering or not starting at power on, it may be related to your BIOS settings for the header powering the H100i v2.

Thank you. I will do that.

Here is another video of me. This is in Desktop using AI Suite to control the CPU fan to drop the speed from 100% to 90%. Can hear my mouse click of changing the setting and the audible difference of the case. Starts at 100% then mouse click to 90% then mouse click back to 100%

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Archived