Corsair Community

GS700 Fan Noise!

geminiman7

Ok, so I purchased a GS700 under 30 days ago and started to notice a loud, electric-like "chirping" noise emitting from my PC every few minutes (anywhere between 1-3 minutes). After a bit of time troubleshooting thinking it was my video card at first, I narrowed the issue down the PSU.

Upon listening to the PSU closer, the noise occurs when the fan apparently spins down. First, the PSU fan will spin at high speed, then it slows down and the fan starts making the annoying noise.

I replaced the GS700 for another one, and SAME ISSUE AGAIN.

WTF?! Is there a known issue with Corsair PSU's? This is my first Corsair brand, and will likely be my last.

Any feedback/recommendations?

I just purchase a GS700 recently and experiencing the same problem. Case #5101925.

I hope I don't have to send in my PSU first and be without it, otherwise I'm SOL. I don't just have spare power supplies lying around to use in the meantime while waiting for a replacement >:-|

I just returned to computer store and exchanged for a different ________ (edited in fear of post removal).

The store has already received other complaints/returns about these and similar as well. I hope Corsair gets the fan issues resolved across all stores relatively soon.

It's gotta be hurting the company. :eek:

• 2 months later...

Archived