Corsair Community

Ironclaw DPI button Disable?

Ronn

Ironclaw wireless with 2 frontal finger buttons for DPI switch

Ive been trying to find a way to disable the side buttons that increase/decrease DPI. I have iCue downloaded and have fiddled around with it, but to no success, I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have tried disabling it through iCue and it still functions

Im looking for a possible step by step on how to disable these buttons

Thx

http://i68.tinypic.com/do431z.png

Edited by Ron!n

There have been a couple of reported issues with the DPI button. The prior two were trying to remap them to standard ASCII keys and got both the key and the DPI shift despite unchecking the original key output box. I am not able to replicate that error and I am not able reproduce your's either. When using the disable action on DPI up, it shuts down and DPI down continues to work. I reversed it and the same was true with DPI Down disabled. Can you post a screen shot of your actions menu showing the applied setting?

There have been a couple of reported issues with the DPI button. The prior two were trying to remap them to standard ASCII keys and got both the key and the DPI shift despite unchecking the original key output box. I am not able to replicate that error and I am not able reproduce your's either. When using the disable action on DPI up, it shuts down and DPI down continues to work. I reversed it and the same was true with DPI Down disabled. Can you post a screen shot of your actions menu showing the applied setting?

Actions menu as in the actions library? Also what is the original key output box?

It is possible here that I’m missing a something such as saving the action or not unchecking the original key output box

Edited by Ron!n

This is extremely frustrating as I am still unable to disable the DPI up/down buttons and the options button, It seems as if I select the disable settings but it does not apply.

The "Actions Library" is just a clipboard for cutting and pasting the same actions to multiple profiles. They don't work until you drag them into the main actions window above and assign them to a key -- which you appear to have done properly. That should work and none of those keys should function when that profile is active. I am able to copy your settings and the buttons no longer function.

1) Try a repair install of iCUE. Go to the Settings -> Apps menu in Windows and click on iCUE. Select "Modify" and then follow the normal course of directions and then restart the machine.

2) If that does not work, create a new profile, DO NOT copy the disable actions from the library. Create a new one for DPI Up and Down. Same issue?

OK, I have reported it to Corsair, but don't know what else to suggest at this point. In the past with isolated glitches like this, it has traced back to a corrupted install or occasionally some conflicting program.

I assume you are using either 2.4 GHz or wired, otherwise it won't show up in CUE. Can you try saving the "disabled" DPI actions to one of the "Iron Claw Wireless HW1-3" profiles, then quit iCUE and all services. See if the DPI is properly shut down or still works. That may help with identifying the underlying cause.

SO under the HW profiles in the actions section there is no "Disable" function available

http://i64.tinypic.com/2wbvo8y.png

What I also find to be weird is the "disable" function will not work with the Option button (which slows cursor speed almost as a "sniper" function)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qs6loj.png

Edited by Ron!n

You're right. I had not checked to see if it was there. That also tells you something about the nature of the function. It is software based and not a physical element of the mouse. The inability to disable the option key appears to be another symptom of your issue. I am able to apply it, although I don't think it defaults to anything. The option key has no inherent function, so it shouldn't do anything without the software assigning an action to it.

You're right. I had not checked to see if it was there. That also tells you something about the nature of the function. It is software based and not a physical element of the mouse. The inability to disable the option key appears to be another symptom of your issue. I am able to apply it, although I don't think it defaults to anything. The option key has no inherent function, so it shouldn't do anything without the software assigning an action to it.

What other software or features could be interfering with it? Any ideas?

I appreciate your help by the way..Thank you very much.

What is the switch on the bottom of it set to? Is it connected via blutooth, wired, or 2.4ghz wireless?

It is connected Via Wire, But I have tried 2.4ghz wireless also and get the same result

• Corsair Employee

I've tested it just now on like 4 computer's and it's working fine on our end.... Your setup looks fine here....

Try doing this: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

That should take care of a corrupted install. Sometimes doing a regular uninstall just doesn't do the trick.

I've tested it just now on like 4 computer's and it's working fine on our end.... Your setup looks fine here....

Try doing this: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

That should take care of a corrupted install. Sometimes doing a regular uninstall just doesn't do the trick.

I just did this, complete registry clearing of iCue after uninstall and I am getting the same result. The more I think about it, I had a M65 mouse prior to this, It had DPI up and Down switches, along with the sniper function. Could the new mouse perhaps be riding off the old mouses configuration through something internally in my system? What I find to be the most telling is the "option" button on my Ironclaw is acting as the "sniper" function from my M65. Also Prior to getting my Ironclaw I never had any Corsair software installed, So my M65 was never utilizing iCue.

Thank you for your help BTW.

No, it should save them independently and there are some hardware differences that would make identical profile sharing impossible. You may have noticed the ICW has three DPI levels compared to the M65's five. Also, I am in the same boat and have years of M65 profiles from several different M65s. Lately, I have them both plugged in at the same time. I have not experienced any crossover issues, aside from needing to tweak my default DPI setting from the 3rd slot to the 2nd.

I am not sure what is causing this and the other few people I know with it were not able to replicate either. Does your option button (or any other) respond to other programmed actions? Can you try assigning a keyboard letter to DPI up/down or the option button? Hit + for a new action, then select A-Z remap. Pick a letter, tag it to the key. This was the problem the other two users were having. I would like to see if that is also an issue for you.

No, it should save them independently and there are some hardware differences that would make identical profile sharing impossible. You may have noticed the ICW has three DPI levels compared to the M65's five. Also, I am in the same boat and have years of M65 profiles from several different M65s. Lately, I have them both plugged in at the same time. I have not experienced any crossover issues, aside from needing to tweak my default DPI setting from the 3rd slot to the 2nd.

I am not sure what is causing this and the other few people I know with it were not able to replicate either. Does your option button (or any other) respond to other programmed actions? Can you try assigning a keyboard letter to DPI up/down or the option button? Hit + for a new action, then select A-Z remap. Pick a letter, tag it to the key. This was the problem the other two users were having. I would like to see if that is also an issue for you.

So I can set DPI up/Down to a key on the keyboard but the DPI buttons still work on the mouse even when attempting to disable in Actions menu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue as the original poster. Ironclaw wireless, tried both wired & 2.4ghz methods. DPI buttons continue to change DPI when remapped or even disabled. Tried resintalling icue, drivers, etc etc to no avail, extremely frustrating.

• 2 months later...