Corsair Community

[SUGGESTION] Mini ITX case like a drawer (so you won't worry about size)

UnnoTed

so i recently built interest in building a mini itx gaming pc but the gpu size (which i haven't bought yet) always make me unsure about the case size if it is going to fit or not, so i had a idea of a small case that can grow or shrink according to your needs.

imagine a case where it is cut in the middle and there is a tube connecTed to the front and rear of the case, making it able to slide in and out.

something like this (sideview):

http://i.imgur.com/rNbrvWB.gif

this kind of slider would have to be in all sides to work.

the psu could go in the front of the case (psu's cooler would be facing the front of the case) so you can be able to use modular atx psu and would leave space for big cpu coolers on top of the mobo.

there should be some small "O" all around the case to be able to hold all wires on the corners without having to use some kind of tape, a cable tie would be used instead.

hdd and ssd could go on the top or in one of the sides, a radiator could go in one of the sides.

We can definitely pass this suggestion on to our engineers and see if this feature can be incorporated into future releases. Let us know if you have any feature requests that you would like to see.

thanks for replying, that gives me hope of seeing a resizable mini itx case.

some things that i think it is nice to have:

- support modular atx psu (for better cable management)

- magnetic rubber feet (so it wont come off with time if it's glued)

- magnetic dust filters (easier to clean)

- good airflow (side to side??)

- removable bag handle (to hold the case like a bag)

- glass windows (near the rear, for people that like lighting)

a name suggestion would be: carcada

Archived