Corsair Community

Known Issues with 2.3.4816

Corsair George

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive just got mine loaded last week and have put it thru some rough testing and tons of resarts/cold boots

my issues ive seen are

no email notifications

every dozen or so of booting,ill get one fan that sticks at full speed but a profile change fixes it.

other than that my unit performs very well

i have my fans set to a curve and spin up/down as set

My AX1200i (the only Corsair product in my rig) has its fan run at 100% fan speed, and I can't adjust the fan speed with the Link software.

I've tried uninstalling the current version and installing the beta version from a while back, I've tried flashing the firmware for the Commander (which didn't work), I've tried disconnecting the dongle and rebooting. That fan is stuck at 100%.

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

CorsairLINK_HardwareMonitor.exe writes to tempmap.dat constantly. Wouldn't mind quite so much if the user could tell it to write the file on a disk other than the SSD. Instead, it is hard-coded to the User directory. If this writing isn't really necessary, I'd prefer turning off logging altogether.

No choice on where to install the software. It is preferable to not install everything on the system drive for multiple reasons.

LED temperature colors are unresponsive when paired with the H100i cooler block. Cannot get a pure blue when the cooler is cold. Remains only a dull teal with an infrequent flickering of white. LED stays dull teal when it should be yellow with the temps I have set. Colors do go the full range in manual and cycling but temps are dead when paired with the H100i cooler block. Pair them with the CPU and they're responsive.

On one of my three workstations running CL, the temps are chosen to display in C but the numbers in the LED temp settings are in F. Right hand most shows 212 and won't go any higher. If it is set to display in F, the values double. 212 goes to 414 and won't go any higher.

SP120 Fans (packaged with the H100i) cooler make a clicking/whirring noise when set to any speed below MAX.

This happened immediately after flashing the cooling node to version 1.2.5.

I have tried installing a previous version of the software but it does not work. The case fans (included with the Obsidian 800D) all run very quiet, the issue only seems to be with the SP fans.

I am aware of about 4 or 5 other people on the forums with the same issue.

The GPU node does not display the correct voltage. It gets detected as a "power" device in the software but the value is always 0. When I set the device to a "temperature" device it reads a random value, I think 130. When I set it back to "power' it reads zero. Not really sure what I could do to troubleshoot this.

I also cannot get the H100i LED to function properly when tied to temperature (neither the H100i temp nor the CPU temp) it just stays a slightly greenish white color when it should be blue. It seems to work normally in all other settings.

Also, the previous version of this software would minimize to the notification area of my taskbar when set to "start minimized." This version actually sarts minimized running in the taskbar itself. I have to fully open the program and then manually minimize it again before it moves to the notification tray. This may not be an actual error, I suppose, but I much preferred the other method.

Edit - Noticed H100i LED did, in fact, change when CPU temperature increased under load during a long gaming session. Adjusted my temp settings up 10 degrees and color changed. It seems to be acting as if the temp was 5 to 10 degrees higher than they actually read with any of my monitoring software (including BIOS and Link itself).

Running Windows 8 motherboard Asus maximus v formula 2600k H80 (not the i) none of my led's will change with temp all my temp reading are correct my GPU node seems to be working but led's will not change with temp.Also when set to windows startup and start minimized it starts in the task bar having to be maximized then minimized to go into the tray like another poster stated.Sometimes one fan on my H80 will start at max speed sometimes it slows down when the CL loads sometimes I need to change the fan mode to slow it down.Also on my evga 560TI it seems to not know what the max rpm of the fan is it seems to change with every reboot.And ever so often I will get an IAstor error when shutting down the system, nothing crashes while its running just on shutdown.

P.S. Just to add if I change profiles the led's will switch into the temp range the cpu of gpu is currently at but will not cycle through the ranges on its own.Meaning if I run the gpu up to 50c and switch profiles the colors will change to the color range selected for 50c but if i take the load off the gpu it will not go back down unless i again switch profiles.The same goes for the cpu.

Just installed the Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4816 and noticed that my Samsung 830 SSD (the drive with my operating system) is not showing in the System or Groups tabs. It does show up on the devices page. Any thoughts on why it wouldn't be showing under System or Groups? Both of my Western Digital hard drives are showing up correctly, just not the Samsung.

BTW - It was showing under System and Groups tabs in the previous Link software (and the temp readout was even correct).

Link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116470

I installed the new Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4816 and it seems to be working fine so far.

Did anyone notice that the color palette for the H100i LED on the temperature option is missing the nice bright green?

Link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116463

Corsair link software is using a lot of CPU resources. It jumpes between ~2% to ~20% every few seconds on my i5-760 @ 4ghz.

Temperature colors on LEDs don't work reliably. They sometimes get stuck on a color and take a while to adjust to the temperature range.

I can't control all of my fans well. The rpms that I have to set require a lot of testing and don't match the actual rpms. Could just be the fans though. Can't change performance of H100i pump. With my H100 I could set different profiles, but I don't see any options for the H100.

Bootup issues: Noticing the LED strips don't always switch to programmed colors - about 50 % of time when starting system. Exiting & restarting Link software will fix issue sometimes, but may only fix one channel. Channels are set to temp on CPU & GPU. LEDs are red & blue during bootup, and are programmed to show as white at low temps; may or may not change when Link software loads.

Have also had custom fan profile do the same, will stay at high speed until stop & restart software, then kicks down to custom curve settings in profile.

Just installed the Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4816 and noticed that my Samsung 830 SSD (the drive with my operating system) is not showing in the System or Groups tabs. It does show up on the devices page. Any thoughts on why it wouldn't be showing under System or Groups? Both of my Western Digital hard drives are showing up correctly, just not the Samsung.

BTW - It was showing under System and Groups tabs in the previous Link software (and the temp readout was even correct).

Link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116470

I installed the new Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4816 and it seems to be working fine so far.

Did anyone notice that the color palette for the H100i LED on the temperature option is missing the nice bright green?

Link: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116463

Same here!

I just built a brand new rig with H100i cooler and AX1200i PSU (other specs in profile). Every time I boot the computer up the fans will be stuck at their lowest setting on the H100i and the LED also stays a single color. In order to fix this I go to the options tab and restart the service. Sometimes I have to do this mulitple times will the status bar next to the reset button actually shows the service stopping and restarting. Once I do this then I have to switch from the Default profile, to another profile that has fans on maximum and then immediately back to my default profile and things begin to work as they should. Really frustrating if I forget to do this and start doing something processor intensive and realize that my temps are suddenly into the mid 70's on the CPU because the software isn't doing what it should with the fans.

had to reinstall the latest link software, before it would clean up the empty non working widgets (for the h80i which were'nt showing up any values )

now the ax1200i + h80i are both displaying and appear to be working(and quietly now yay)

but the software was a bit of a faff to take - took a few reinstalls ... but i have now returned the hx1050 psu to the shop (which was whiny ) and also the h80i water pump (burned out within a week and just when i installed the new AX1200i replacement psu)

so all in all im tired of this lol but it seems to be working touch wood!

2.3 CorsairLink problems in my configuration:

OCZ ssd temperature measured 120 °

AX1200i Digital ATX power supply detected temperature -200 °

PCIe (a) not detected

24 PIN ATX 12V not detected

MAIN (a) not detected

PERIPHERAL (a) not detected

node lights do not always load the profile when windows starts

Sometimes the software has stopped working and I have to restart

at the start of windows crashes the software icon in the bottom left on the bar

Corsair h100i with firmware 1.05 not detected corsair commander

yes im getting similar issues like yours sguma70, also everynow and the na red popup window says my motherboard is @ -1 centigrade. i dont think so! i should be so lucky lol...and also same window pops up again saying voltages are 0.00 ie ?? lol please fix this link2 its terrible

That sounds like AI Suite II to me.

Still have Link uninstalled here. Still running just AI Suite II. Still no voltage/vcore/temp reading fluctuations like I was getting with Link installed. I know you really believe AI Suite is the culprit here, but many of us had no issue with the software before this most recent version of Link.

I think I can reasonably deduce that if my readings were fine before Link and I was having no issues with AI Suite before Link, but after I installed Link I had endless problems with both the hardware and software, including wild readings from various monitoring packages including AI Suite, AND THEN after uninstalling everything "Link" I had no issues again, I can safely say it's not AI Suite. It's Link. Sorry to disappoint.

Hey, I'm not disappointed in the least. However, it is never a good idea to run TWO monitoring and controlling applications at the same time and that is what you are doing. When they poll the hardware at obviously uncoordinated intervals, conflicts will arise. AI Suite II by itself runs OK. Great. You never state that you uninstalled it and ran CL2 all by itself. Note that CL2.3 now uses Open Hardware Monitor components and I have run it alongside CL2.3 with no issues because they are compatible and probably aware of each other. YMMV.

thanks speed, you might be right about two monitoring apps..ususlly that is the case , but i know which one id rather use and thats ai suite II ,asus did a half deecent job on that ,but whats strange is before i added the dongle+ax1200i psu , i had asus suite II and only a h80i cooler working together fine!?! led fine, controlling fans fine ,no weird warning messages from suit or link2 etc .. its only for me gone wrong since i installed link2(2.3.4816) +AX1200i(and its dongle), just randomly works ..

Archived