Corsair Community

Looking for the K95 RGB with 18 g-keys

dud

heyho everbody,

i've checked the forum but i did not found anything.

i'm looking for the Corsair K95 RGB with 18 g-keys. i cant find any retailer who sells it atm?

do they don't get produced anymore?

i had a logitech with 18 buttons but i wanted to buy a mechanical keyboard and i saw this one ( Corsair K95 RGB ) on a stream.

i would realy like to buy one with 18 g-buttons cause for mmorpgs you cant have enought ^^

best regards

• Corsair Employee

We have since discontinued the K95 RGB and now offer the K95 Platinum RGB with 6 G-keys. The Platinum offers a number of upgrades over the previous model such as Hardware Playback and a USB pass-through.

If you are set to purchase the previous model, you may be able to find a refurbished unit on our webstore.

• 4 months later...

Why is the number of G-keys drastically reduced from 18 to 6? Am I the only one who wants to have at least two G-keys next to each other (so 12 would be enough) for having pairs of macros next to each other? Only one column of G-keys is a deal breaker for me.

Could you please provide me with a link to a refurbished unit with 18 keys? I can't find one anywhere...

Thank you!

Why is the number of G-keys drastically reduced from 18 to 6? Am I the only one who wants to have at least two G-keys next to each other (so 12 would be enough) for having pairs of macros next to each other? Only one column of G-keys is a deal breaker for me.

Could you please provide me with a link to a refurbished unit with 18 keys? I can't find one anywhere...

Thank you!

I have the 18 key version for my CAD work. I set all the common commands such as rotate, rotate a copy etc etc. It's such a time saver!

I can't believe they've cut them down.

I have the 18 key version for my CAD work. I set all the common commands such as rotate, rotate a copy etc etc. It's such a time saver!

I can't believe they've cut them down.

A hard, hard second on this, I must save literally hundreds of hours a year with the memorability between the program specificity and the color mnemonic combined with the physical layout and its logical nexus between that and what I had setup previously

The modifier combinations mean you can get ultra precise with what you want to do and then do it in a split second rather than 20 seconds and for people that do that all day every day, its worth real, real dollars. I am hopeful they come back with it in future iterations as i am afraid mine are going to break at some point and I have come to rely so heavy on the 18 G keys. Love the scimitar too, but it is no supplement for the left hand capability.

I use sketchup fairly regularly, but that's mainly because I am too cheap to buy autodesk products, but I can imagine it is the same deal with any professional software suite as I have nearly a hundred K95 specific macros for photoshop and they're heavily loaded on the G-set and often just because PS is limiting with what you are allowed to make a keystroke or they're just plain difficult to execute regularly or impossible to remember. I've a full array of the G keys in use (largely without modifiers) in Excel, Outlook, Word and the default, but if that number of available keys were to dwindle by hook or crook I'd be quite remiss

• 2 months later...
Apologies for rezzing a thread, but I wanted to point out to those affected by this change that you can purchase a gaming keypad - razer makes a few that are well regarded - the Tartarus v2 and the orbweaver, the latter of which has mechanical keys (there are some other brands as well that you can find if you look up gaming keypads on amazon or google it). I’m not a big razer fan and was quite disappointed that 2/3 of the g keys were removed from the corsair k95 platinum, but if you used the g keys professionally, there are other options available. I hope Corsair either brings back the g keys or releases a gaming keypad, but for now, those are your options.

Apologies for rezzing a thread, but I wanted to point out to those affected by this change that you can purchase a gaming keypad - razer makes a few that are well regarded - the Tartarus v2 and the orbweaver, the latter of which has mechanical keys (there are some other brands as well that you can find if you look up gaming keypads on amazon or google it). I’m not a big razer fan and was quite disappointed that 2/3 of the g keys were removed from the corsair k95 platinum, but if you used the g keys professionally, there are other options available. I hope Corsair either brings back the g keys or releases a gaming keypad, but for now, those are your options.

I looked at those options, the layouts didn't seem to my liking even though i could probably get used to it. I just bought a infinniton (sp) and it arrives today which im jazzed about alongside my 18 gkeys on the classic k95 and scimitar, its plenty of buttons with modifiers present. As you know it gets tough to recall all the options with modifiers however, so the full macro keys without modifiers is always preferable and less stressful

I also bought a number pad wireless thinking it was a cheap option for extra macro keys, but would have had to run software to recognize it separate from the regular numberpad or use a meta mode to distinguish. It works but it wasnt that user friendly and didnt have rgb or a mnemonic to help youve set up which i am hopeful the infniton will help as the colorization of the keys on the k95 does

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also searching for a good keyboard with many G-Keys. I'm a programmer, using many different IDE's and tools. Still I have some old keyboards with 12-18 G-Keys, and it's sad to see, that new keyboards get desigend with few or even no G-Keys.

So, Corsair, please, it must not have mechanical keys, but at least 12, better 18 of them at the left edge (not above the normal F-Keys, as it's unergonomical, one has to lift hand to reach them) !

• 1 month later...

I have the K95 RGB with 18 G-Keys and I'm loving it. Had a Logitech G15 before it, but Corsair has superior build quality.

I can't imagine a life without 18 G-Keys. These keyboards are now hard to come by. I dread the day that my current keyboard gives out on me.

Corsair, if you care to listen to your customer base at all... always keep a keyboard with 18 G-Keys in your assortment.

I had to retire my K95 for now until I have the time to try a repair. Got the K95 Platinum. It is a nice keyboard and I can somewhat get around the lack of as many g keys by using specific profiles and function keys. That being said the lack of a true "macro" keyboard like the K95 RGB in the line up confuses Corsair's current offerings. In many ways it is not much different from other keyboards they offer.

• 8 months later...

I use the 18 G keys (give me 24!!) for ARMA3 gaming... the time and accuracy improvements are epic. (..among dozens of other uses like 1 button startup for multiple program launches etc etc)

It's stunning that we can't buy these anymore... I treat mine very carefully now.

Edited by calmfocustruth
OCD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree with this thread, You should have Keept the 18 g key keyboard, at least to a limited run every so often to keep it available. I also can't believe you reused the k95 acronym. Who in was the bright bulb marketing came up with that and better yet, which executive approved it.

I have the original k95 keyboard at home, and love it. I'm in need of a new keyboard for work and was looking but but I WON'T buy the 6 macro key version.

Kind of a Shame really.

• 8 months later...

My Logitech G15 (Original with 18 Macro Keys) died at Work today, I've been using a Corsair K95 Original with 18 Macro Keys at Home, So I thought that I would try and order another one, and it seems yet again the decent macro keyboards are no more?

And so it seems that today I have to start the hunt again for a new Keyboard with 18 Macro Keys? unless Corsair want to produce more of the original K95 keyboards (prefer in MX Browns the same that I have at home)?

sometimes you can find them online or in stock someplace, but that may not last.

Frankly, I have used the platinum XT and although it is a beaut, it is no replacement...in part as the G1 key is way too easy as stock to hit intending for Esc and you just miss the fidelity and capability of the k95. I do hope to see it back in the near future as well. They are a equity /vulture cap ownership now so that might be promising for their office offerings.

They have marketed themselves on the corsair at home front (covid vibe) but hopefully their marketing folks or executives see the benefit of the business community (cad / 3d / wordprocessing monsters) its so important, they had literally a killer app and an awesome flagship I cant say enough about it as I never want to use another keyboard than the G18 version of the K95...it could retain the M1-3 and MR keys and add a profile switch button like the new model and possibly even a passthru if practical and bam - they'd make a million bucks properly marketed. I have no idea what their capitalization on new projects is, but ... not like the design would need to change all that much. They could do a white model like some of the k70mk2's...dang I want it but it doesn't exist!

Edited by hastegag

• 2 months later...
As the title states, bump for 18Gs. I was horrified when I noticed that they no longer offer an 18 key version. I honestly can't understand why. The worst part is now that it's been a few years, there's next to no hope of finding an older model. I have one of the older models now but it's getting older and I dread the day it goes out. I will have no choice but to look to another company, after years of using 18 keys in so many different applications from games to graphics to directory opus and even windows I simply cant go without it anymore. Even if that means going with another keyboard manufacturer of lesser quality. The time saving and accuracy as has been mentioned so many times is just too advantageous to do without. Please, Corsair, bring back an 18 key version.

• 1 month later...
I was looking around to see the demand and availability on the 18 macro key k95 keyboard and couldn’t find much information! I found this forum and made an account to see if anyone could help me out! I’m not selling or buying on this site, as rules said not to, but if anyone knew what the price of these keyboards in good condition sell for I’d love to know more. I am looking to sell it to a friend irl not on the site again for around 150$CAD but I don’t wanna over or under price it, but yeah just thought I’d add to the conversation about it. Thanks for reading:)