Corsair Community

Another failure of K95 LEDs post

Darksethy

Hello.

I unable to log into support page (error) and not sure whew else to post. I have a K95 keyboard which I bought in 2015. 2 months ago the Q LED failed and in the next month 21 other LEDs failed. No liquid spilt, infrequent use (<1 hour a day).

This is obviously a quality issue or design failure of the keyboard and i contacted the seller. Currys have only offered me £40 due to the fact i have had use out of it but I can't replace it for that and I am unable to find out the cost of repairing it so has anyone got any suggestions? It is unacceptable that a keyboard at this price point should fail so soon.

DS.

• Corsair Employee
You may be able to have the keyboard warrantied directly with Corsair since it comes with a 24 month warranty if the unit was purchased new and not refurbished. In case you're trying to use your forum login, the support site requires a separate login and password to be created. If you're still having issues creating your account, you can also call in through skype toll free to 1-888-222-4346, and one of the agents can help setup the account and process the RMA.

Tried to create a new login but came up with an error then gave me an American number to dial. Cost a fortune from UK.

I bought the keyboard May 2014 so it is out of warranty. Then again you would expect a keyboard of this price to last 3 years... My old cheap one lasted 8 years and I replaced it because I wanted to, not because I was forced to.

DS

So basically there is no recourse for someone who has bought the keyboard but it falls outside the warranty period? 21 LEDs failing in 1 month is a quality/design issue but the response is only contact us if it is in warranty? Corsair are happy with their customers owning an expensive keyboard that lasts 25% of the time of my cheap, generic keyboard I owned previously? Mechanical keyboards are more reliable we are told!

Sorry for the rant but I find the response galling as half of customer reviews mention failing LEDs but nothing was done.

So basically there is no recourse for someone who has bought the keyboard but it falls outside the warranty period? 21 LEDs failing in 1 month is a quality/design issue but the response is only contact us if it is in warranty? Corsair are happy with their customers owning an expensive keyboard that lasts 25% of the time of my cheap, generic keyboard I owned previously? Mechanical keyboards are more reliable we are told!

Sorry for the rant but I find the response galling as half of customer reviews mention failing LEDs but nothing was done.

Nope. One thing Corsair excels at is terrible customer service as well as doing nothing to gain customer satisfaction.

Archived