Corsair Community

Corsair link cannot detect h80i

lucasbp10

Hi i got at problem with my new h80i v2 the fans are so loud so i wanna turn them down with corsair link but when i open it cant find my cooler drivers is up to date i have also tried to plug it into the rear with mini usb to usb still nothing tried older version of corsair link reinstalled many times rebootet many times i dont know what to do any more

specs

MB: msi b85m-e45

CPU: I7-4790k

cooler: corsair h80i v2

The H80iV2 is a USB rather than a HID device so the screen shot does not help.

How long have you had the H80iV2 and has it ever been reported?

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H80iV2 get's the constant +12 volts that it needs? I am not sure how to do this for your motherboard, maybe set the to always run at 100%.

Do you have any other hardware monitoring software active and if so what?

CPUZ + HWM should not cause any issues.

Is the H80iV2 LED illuminated and is the pump spinning. Attaching the initial + [status] screens from my SIV program may provide some insight as might doing as below.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27194&d=1483792595

I assume the H80iV2 is connected to the CPU_FAN header, please confirm it is.

The H80iV2 reports half the pump speed to the CPU_FAN header (2 CPU Fan on [status] above) and this seems to be 0 RPM so something is not as it should be. Can you post a screen shot of the BIOS CPU_FAN header setup screen?

attachment.php?attachmentid=27199&d=1483805457

You need to disable CPU fan control. Drag the left up to it always runs at 100% no matter what the temperature is.

Set the target min + max as low as they will go and both the PWM % as high as possible.

After doing this is a none zero speed reported? What is it? Post a new screen shot.

okay i am a little confused right now so before i change somthing the the bios can i get an explanation

in Target Tempearture you want me to drag min and max to 100?

and then change min fan speed and max fan speed to high as possible?

Why? How many times do I need to specify this?

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H80iV2 get's the constant +12 volts that it needs? I am not sure how to do this for your motherboard, maybe set the to always run at 100%.

No, that is the Y connector for the two fans and the absent pin is the speed signal for the 2nd fan and should be absent as the cooler only has one fan controller and can only report one fan speed. Both fans run at the same speed which is set but the PWM signal which is pin 4.

Archived