Corsair Community

570X Front Filter

ScarredMecha

Is it possible to leave out the front filter when mounting the front glass panel? Is a custom piece needed in order to do this? I've seen some builds that don't have the honeycomb filter in the front. I quite like the look of the case but I'd prefer the complete clarity of just having glass in the front.

Hello there!

The screw posts for the front and top glass panels are mounted on the dust filters. While it's possible to install the glass without the dust filters, we don't recommend it as you will need to find a way to use the screw posts. They hold the glass in place. On top of that, you will lose the dust filtration capability. I'm sure the filter-less builds you've seen have mostly been for show.

Let us knwo what you end up doing.

• Corsair Employee
It is possible, but the execution can make and break parts for the installation. Not sure you have the case yet or not, but the filter is magnetically held on to the front, and it also has plastic stands and grommets on all four corners which hold the glass in place off the front of the chassis. The stands are removable with care, but if you over tighten the screw when installing, you will most likely break the pressure clips. Installation is tricky also because now there is nothing to hold the stands centered in place.

Archived