Corsair Community

H80i V2 few question

slyphnier

hello everyone i just got and installed H80i V2

first things that i notice is pump is so loud

its the loudest noise in my pc (i use 5fans and another 3fans from GPU)

fyi i use it with HX750i, is there something wrong with this cooling ?

should i try RMA/get another unit to test?

2nd is from the product page

Built-in Corsair Link

Attach the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link software to unlock even more power.

You can customize cooling performance, monitor coolant and CPU temperatures, and change the color of the RGB LED lighting from the default white to match your system or to change color based on temperature readings and other inputs.

how i can change led based on temp reading ?

in corsair link i only can set to single color and 2nd color for high temperature ?

http://i.imgur.com/UHrt8RI.png

That's what they mean by changing the LED, that's just how it is, it will change the LED to red when your coolant hits 45C (or whatever temp you choose).

Are you sure it's the pump that's loud and not the fans? You might just need to adjust the fan curve. Even at max speed my pump is pretty quiet and I can't hear it over my fans at all.

If it's the pump, does it sound like gurgling/bubbles? You might just need to invert the cooler while it's pumping to try and get any air out of the pump. Is the rad above or below the pump?

hello

thanks for the reply

ah i see so what they mean changing based LED

i though it more like preset color from blue-lowest temp -> to green->yellow -> red things

not sure if there limitation on cooler LED ot not

but it seems possible to implant such feature on corsair link?

for pump yes, i 100% believe its from the pump... only if set quite it turn quite (like other cooling i own)

the performance will sounding "rrrrrrrrrrrr"... tried rotate different position still sounding same and its not gurgling sound

my past 2 aio cooling (corsair h55 and coolit vantage) also quite, like what you mention

maybe i should tried ask rma for this one

If you have a bad pump or its making a REALLY loud grinding noise, it definitely may be defective,

You can submit a ticket for a replacement on our support website at http://corsair.force.com. Please make sure you attach a copy of your receipt to your ticket so that we may verify and honor the warranty. Our Tech Support will then review your ticket and give you feedbacks within 1-2 business days.

Archived