Corsair Community

Questions about link-two H100 in one case?

cravinmild

So ive been reading these forums and other places about the link. Ive wanted this for some time now but its base specs have changed from what i understood it to be originally.

Ive have two pumps to be monitored in my system. Can the link monitor both pumps? Are the fan speeds/pump speed able to be controlled ie 800-2400rpm or anything in between.

I want to controll my zalman ram fan, can i do this (dual 60mm)?

I have more than 5 other fans i want controlled, how does this work if the link only does five fans (i know the pump does 4 others).

What if my fans are not pwm, do i now have to buy all new fans?

If the link can only control a single pump, can i buy another link controller, how does that work, do i need more mobo usb headers now, do i need multiple instances of the software running

lighting kit controls 38 light strips, can i just buy a set of 5, how many lights on a strip.

Are the cables sleeved? can we pick our colors

Is the link going to be able to be purchased at online retailers like NCIX or Newegg,

With the light controller can i set the lights up to just randamly display colors...like a christmas tree and with a lighting pattern/intensity/speed that i dont have to program for

Will the fan controller be able to power my CM 230mm stock front case fan

At $99 that is $20 per fan to be controlled, thats alot of money.

Ive have two pumps to be monitored in my system. Can the link monitor both pumps? Are the fan speeds/pump speed able to be controlled ie 800-2400rpm or anything in between.

Corsair H pumps only for pump monitoring. fan speeds can be controlled on PWM fans and hit or miss on 3 pin fans.

I want to controll my ******** ram fan, can i do this (dual 60mm)?

I have more than 5 other fans i want controlled, how does this work if the link only does five fans (i know the pump does 4 others).

haven't tried 2 pin fans and they are not spec'd so the 60mm, probably not. Corsair's H100 will control 4 fans (I have mine in push pull connected to the H100) and the H100 connects to the link commander. The link cooling node is then freed up for connecting to 5 other fans. You can control the H100 fans thru the link software just like the other fans connected to the link cooling node which is connected to the link commander. Setup up this way you can control 9 total fans and supposedly the link cooling node will be available as stand alone for additional fans in the future.

What if my fans are not pwm, do i now have to buy all new fans?

Hit or miss on non-PWM fans. My PWM fans work great, My 140 mm Cougar 3 pin is not controlled at all, just monitored.

If the link can only control a single pump, can i buy another link controller, how does that work, do i need more mobo usb headers now, do i need multiple instances of the software running

One instance of software. The pump is not controlled on the compatible corsair pump, just monitored. One Link commander allows 8 nodes with only 1 usb header (including H100 pumps, link light nodes, and link cooling nodes)

lighting kit controls 38 light strips, can i just buy a set of 5, how many lights on a strip.

Link cooling node includes 3 strips with extensions, 3 lights on each strip. Supposedly extra light strips will be available in the future.

Are the cables sleeved? can we pick our colors

No and No.

Is the link going to be able to be purchased at online retailers like NCIX or Newegg,

not sure

With the light controller can i set the lights up to just randamly display colors...like a Holidays tree and with a lighting pattern/intensity/speed that i dont have to program for

Yes, yes, and yes. any color, pulsing or non, any pattern of colors, colors based on temps if you want, the list goes on.

Will the fan controller be able to power my CM 230mm stock front case fan

Believe each channel can handle a 2 amp fan max so you may be ok there.

Thank you very much, great responses. +reps

Just a few questions that im unclear on yet.

Pump speed control, ability to monitor multi pumps - can i control pump speed also control of fan speed via the fan controller on the pump itself with the link software. i run my 4x rad fans (H100) at 800rpm, can i still do this. Liquid temp was advertised as being something you could monitor, can you do this still.

It was advertised (seen it today while hunting for info on the link-by corsair) that pump speed was/could be controlled via the link software. Can i run multiple pumps off the link? I run two corsair Hxx pumps in my system. id like to monitor both.

Great responses, thank you again

You cannot control pump speed, but you can control the fan speed on an H100 the way you are describing and you do get Liquid temp. I have my 4 Cougar 120mm PWM fans set to increase as the liquid temp increases. works very well.

I would think you could control both H100 pumps, just have to plug each one into the same Link commander. Pump speed is not controllable however, at least not yet, not sure if it will be in the future.

I did notice in your signature you have the H70. I'm not 100% sure but I don't believe that has the ability to be controlled, see below copied and pasted from the FAQ page of the link cooling kit:

"What Corsair products are designed to interface with Corsair Link?

Corsair’s Airflow Pro is the first product completely integrated with Corsair Link. The Corsair Hydro Series H80 and H100 are the first two CPU coolers to feature Corsair Link Digital compatibility. With a single connection, you can monitor the coolant temp, exact fan RPM, and performance profile of the cooler. You can also adjust it using the Dashboard software to a pre-existing profile (Low Noise, Balanced, High Performance) or manually set up your own profile based on your preferences."

old sig, need to update that.

I am using a H100 on the cpu and moved the H70 to my gpu. That gpu/H70 will be a gpu/H100 mod soon. This is why i ask about two pumps being monitored.

i asked about pump speed control as corsair said so in advertising, no matter.

ty for answers btw, good show

Archived