Corsair Community

Commander Pro and saving LED profiles question

BlaiseP

Hi, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but...

I have a CoPo with 4 RGS strips attached to Lighting Channel 1. I also have a Corsair K95 keyboard & M65 Pro mouse which I have the Thunderstorm2 profile running for the LEDs, I was hoping when I configured the lighting setup that it would propagate to the attached LED strips but it wasn't supported in the profile.

I have painstakingly recreated (mimicked) the effects under the CoPo's Lighting Channel 1 (11 entries) it looks great. I know the settings for the channel are persistent across Windows boots but I'd like to either: a) save it under its own profile, b) add it to the exiting Thunderstorm 2 profile, or c) at least make a backup copy of the LED configuration. For the life of me, I cannot see how this is done in iCue (3.5.111) and I don't really want to play around, make a mistake and lose all my lighting work.

It must be possible somehow as the "Corsair Gaming (iCUE)" profile by PlasmaPod (on Alex Krastev's website) has entries for the CoPo (albeit "DEMO") as well as the LED strips attached to the lighting channels (from what I can gather, these are labelled "Value0" & "Value1" in the XML).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This should be relatively simple using the Lighting Library as your clipboard. Unfortunately that will only copy the effect and not the keys/zones where it is applied. It may be easier to move the keyboard/mouse effects to the fan/strip profile. Either way, use the copy profile function to make a duplicate of your existing profile. That can be the new work zone or a fallback in case things go sideways on the other. The real obstacle with these things is lighting is device specific, so you can’t copy keyboard lighting to strips or vice versa. Each will have its own lighting library (clipboard).

Thanks c-attack. I've already built the lighting effects for the strip so by your reply I should be able to copy my strip effects to the lighting library and go from there.

The real obstacle with these things is lighting is device specific
I worked that bit out with a complex gradient I wanted to duplicate.

Archived