Corsair Community

I've switched back to CUE 1.16.42

Jafo67

I worked with, (played around with), CUEv2.x for little over a month now; created various light shows and other "bells and whistle" effects along with several functional profiles for various games - (Mainly Elite Dangerous, DOOM, and PlayerUnknownBattlegrounds).

The new UI has been "dumbed down", looks and feels much like a 'Fisher Price" toy, which the K95 RGB, (with 18 G keys), certainly is not.

I will give it this:

Granted in the beginning, creating complicated lighting effects can be easier than CUE1.x; but with a little practice and patience, pretty much the same can be accomplished just as easy with CUE1.x vs CUE2.x

I use my K95 RGB keyboard primarily for gaming, not a light show, (which can be very distracting during game play).

Aside from the create a "toggle switch" option, I see no reason to use CUE2.15.83 and personally have gone back to CUE 1.16.42.

Other than losing the multiple MODE(s) under one profile, and the placement of persoanl notes, the ability to easily enable/disable automatic profile switching, (yes, I have assigned various keys for changing profiles), is the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. It is so nice to have the look and elegance of CUE1.x back.

That is all - Thanks for listening/reading.

[/rant]

i have the same opinion for cue2 i just cannot understand what was wrong with cue1 wich was way easier and more intuitive than this one.The buttons are crammed together the options are hard to find the ui messy....

i tried creating a keystroke riple , something easy on cue 1 and on cue 2 i coundnt even find the option

i have the same opinion for cue2 i just cannot understand what was wrong with cue1 wich was way easier and more intuitive than this one.The buttons are crammed together the options are hard to find the ui messy....

i tried creating a keystroke riple , something easy on cue 1 and on cue 2 i coundnt even find the option

Did you look at the basic mode lighting effects?

Do you need to downgrade the keyboard firmware to make it work with cue 1 or it just work with the latest firmware?

I have firmware version 2.05, (bootloader version 0.11); so the answer to your question is no - you do not need to rollback the firmware in order to use CUE_1.16.42.

Archived