Corsair Community

AX1500i Faulty Link Dongle -- How to get replacement?

kcdc

Hello, I am wondering how I can go about getting a replacement link dongle for my Ax1500i. It doesn't always work when connected to commander pro, not showing stats or allowing the fan to turn on, requiring a restart or two for it to register. I've tried both of my commander pros with the same results. This dongle connects to the psu with the older style connection, not the mini USB connection. Is it possible to get a replacement?

Instead of plugging the USB into the USB passthrough of your Commander Pro connect it directly to an internal USB 2.0 header and see if the issue persists.

No I haven't, I only have one USB 2 Header. Besides, aren't commander pros supposed to work with these dongles? Everything else I have plugged into them has worked fine except for this dongle on both commander pros. I will try this on saturday, but I'd rather just have one that works as intended with my other corsair products.

Hello, I am wondering how I can go about getting a replacement link dongle for my Ax1500i. It doesn't always work when connected to commander pro, not showing stats or allowing the fan to turn on, requiring a restart or two for it to register. I've tried both of my commander pros with the same results. This dongle connects to the psu with the older style connection, not the mini USB connection. Is it possible to get a replacement?

Which dongle does your PSU have?

I have an AX860i with the "big" dongle:

small-corsair-link.jpg

And have the same problem... opened a ticket with Corsair and they kindly sent me a replacement one... but unfortunately it was another cable.

So I reopened the ticket but they answered they don't have this kind of replacement, and offered me to replace the entire PSU.

I declined as I can't stay with a non-working pc for the entire replacement period.

Baio

PS. Are you sure the cable that goes from the mobo to the dongle is properly fit? It's very small and it's easy to make a false connection.

• Corsair Employee
No I haven't, I only have one USB 2 Header. Besides, aren't commander pros supposed to work with these dongles? Everything else I have plugged into them has worked fine except for this dongle on both commander pros. I will try this on saturday, but I'd rather just have one that works as intended with my other corsair products.

That really depends on the motherboard, chipset, and USB controller being used. Some cheaper USB controllers have issues with the Commander Pro passthrough. Only way to confirm if you are having an issue with the LINK connection for that PSU is to plug it directly into the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard and test.

Which dongle does your PSU have?

I have an AX860i with the "big" dongle:

small-corsair-link.jpg

And have the same problem... opened a ticket with Corsair and they kindly sent me a replacement one... but unfortunately it was another cable.

So I reopened the ticket but they answered they don't have this kind of replacement, and offered me to replace the entire PSU.

I declined as I can't stay with a non-working pc for the entire replacement period.

Baio

PS. Are you sure the cable that goes from the mobo to the dongle is properly fit? It's very small and it's easy to make a false connection.

Hi, yes it's the same one you mentioned, the big one with the smaller comm plug instead of the micro usb plug. The 1500i Has plugs for both, I was hoping to get a replacement that uses the micro usb instead.

That really depends on the motherboard, chipset, and USB controller being used. Some cheaper USB controllers have issues with the Commander Pro passthrough. Only way to confirm if you are having an issue with the LINK connection for that PSU is to plug it directly into the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard and test.

Ok, thank you for clarifying, I will try to replicate the issue with it plugged directly into the motherboard.

Hi, yes it's the same one you mentioned, the big one with the smaller comm plug instead of the micro usb plug. The 1500i Has plugs for both, I was hoping to get a replacement that uses the micro usb instead.

Me too, as I have recently changed the case and the newer has narrow spaces... if you can afford a couple of weeks without pc, you may try to open a ticket and see if Corsair offers to replaces the entire PSU.

Baio

• 2 weeks later...
Instead of plugging the USB into the USB passthrough of your Commander Pro connect it directly to an internal USB 2.0 header and see if the issue persists.

I plugged the dongle into the motherboard header directly, and I still get the same issue where the fan won't turn on and no data is being received unless I soft reboot one or two times. At this point, I think it is the dongle causing issues.

Me too, as I have recently changed the case and the newer has narrow spaces... if you can afford a couple of weeks without pc, you may try to open a ticket and see if Corsair offers to replaces the entire PSU.

Baio

I've actually had this PSU replaced once already hahaha, I am hoping for a dongle instead of a whole PSU. It took them a month to get me a replacement even though I paid for the "Express Service".