Corsair Community

Question about ASUS motherboard support and G skill RAM

Aliti_308

Hi Guys,

I haven't used iCue for a while now, have had it turn off on start up but since the latest update it has now added my motherboard to the list of hardware to sync RGB.

This is FANTASTIC and would like to thank Corsair for adding it.

However, almost everything is controllable via iCue apart from my G skill RAM RGB Trident Z . I have a feeling I'm not going to get the answer I want but is it possible for me to control G skill RGB Trident Z in iCue somehow?

If not, how do I control the RAM RGB so it sync up with everything outside of iCue? If I use Armoury, the selected rainbow wave pattern, for instance, stops cycling through the colours when iCue is on but all other areas are controllable.

Are there any intentions to allow G skill RAM Trident Z to be configurable in iCue?

I use ASUS Armoury instead of Aura Sync, I can change the RGB there but I think things start to conflict where the other RGB component stop responding in iCue. Any help?

I did see someone get excited in the Sync iCue with Asus motherboards thread on how their G skill RAM, Strix GPU are all synced with iCue so I'm hoping it is possible.

iCue shows my motherboard is using plugin version 1.0.5.0 and a note that "Asus motherboard has no settings" if that helps.

Cheers!

Edited by Aliti_308
  • Like 1

Same problem here… downloaded iCue's new version today and noticed that the Asus Plugin (which had to be added manually in former versions) is now implemented.

But the problem is iCue does not support G.Skill RAM, so on every boot/wakeup I find the mobo's RGB turned off (I disabled the RGB zones in iCue) and the RAM light stuck, and have to reopen Asus Aura to make them resync properly.

So, or there's a way to control G.Skill under iCue or we need a way to manually remove Asus Plugin… can't think of a third solution.

Baio

I just posted about this in the sticky thread for the software. This is an issue I'm running into as well.

I understand Aura is not to be run concurrently with iCUE? If I close iCUE and then open Aura, can I adjust the RAM lighting as a work-around, then re-open iCUE afterwards?

I just posted about this in the sticky thread for the software. This is an issue I'm running into as well.

I understand Aura is not to be run concurrently with iCUE? If I close iCUE and then open Aura, can I adjust the RAM lighting as a work-around, then re-open iCUE afterwards?

It will work if you switch off mobo's RGB zones within iCUe.

But on the next reboot/wakeup, you'll run in the same issue again, and you'll need to reopen AURA and adjust the settings.

Deleting the .DLL is the only way at the moment.

Otherwise it's possible to get rid of AURA, control mobo's RGB with iCue and RAM with G.Skill own software, but obviously the two RGBs won't sync toghether.

Baio

At this stage I think setting the ram RGB in Aura and then closing the app, then using icue for everything else sort of works. I had rainbow mode get stuck a few times but it did work occasionally.

I assume this is the only work around for all this?

Edited by Aliti_308

So, if I close out of iCUE and open Aura I can make a change. Then close Aura and go back into iCUE. This seems to work OK for a work-around, and needs to be done after each time the system boots. Eventually, it would be nice to have the memory module RGB functionality integrated into iCUE.

So, if I close out of iCUE and open Aura I can make a change. Then close Aura and go back into iCUE. This seems to work OK for a work-around, and needs to be done after each time the system boots. Eventually, it would be nice to have the memory module RGB functionality integrated into iCUE.

It's highly unlikely that Corsair will put functionality in there to control the memory of other vendors. From a business standpoint, it just doesn't make sense.

Think about how this conversation would go.

PM: "Yo, boss, I need XXX in budget and YYY time to implement a bunch of stuff to control RAM for other vendors like G.Skill, etc."

Boss: "Don't we make RGB RAM?"

PM: "Yup"

Boss: "So you want to spend this money and time to help other vendors get more sales while reducing sales of our stuff?"

You don't need an MBA to see that it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. The motherboard control doesn't compete with Corsair's product line, enhances the overall value of the Corsair ecosystem, and isn't something that competitors do (so competitive advantage) ... so that makes sense.

• Like 1

It's highly unlikely that Corsair will put functionality in there to control the memory of other vendors. From a business standpoint, it just doesn't make sense.

Think about how this conversation would go.

PM: "Yo, boss, I need XXX in budget and YYY time to implement a bunch of stuff to control RAM for other vendors like G.Skill, etc."

Boss: "Don't we make RGB RAM?"

PM: "Yup"

Boss: "So you want to spend this money and time to help other vendors get more sales while reducing sales of our stuff?"

You don't need an MBA to see that it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. The motherboard control doesn't compete with Corsair's product line, enhances the overall value of the Corsair ecosystem, and isn't something that competitors do (so competitive advantage) ... so that makes sense.

I can perfectly understand your point of view, but then... what about led strips? Corsair sells its own, but allows you to control any led strip via the Asus motherboard plugin.

The point is that RGB components are increasing in number everyday and Corsair's iCue (but CoPro also) is a really good starting point as a control center for RGB features. But we must say at the very end that a pc is something one is rather supposed to use more than to watch, and Corsair RAM is not the best you can put in your case (and I own one of their kits).

So, I agree it's quite unprobably Corsair will support G.Skill or other RAM in the future, but I'gonna continue hoping this will happen someday... it would be the last word in RGB control for everybody.

And it's technically possibile, as Asus Aura does it.

Baio

• Like 1