Corsair Community

Advice on gaming keyboard for me

funpilot

I do both work typing and MMORP gaming (WoW and RIFT). I am looking for a mechanical keyboard that has the ten key numerical pad, can do macros on any key on the key board, has at least one USB pass through, and reasonable lighting. Corsair looks like the best product line for me but not sure which is the best model.

Based on what I have been reading, the K70 Lux Cherry Brown looks like the best model for me. Thought I read that a major issue (cannot remember what it was) was just recently addressed in the Lux line, so if that is the one that I should get, how do I make sure I get one that is "hot of the assembly line?" Do you agree on the K70 Lux line? Thanks for your feedback.

Don't even mess with a K70. Go right for the K95 Platinum with speed switches. I think Topre switches are the best, but these are good enough that and the lighting that I'm keeping the K95. The Topre Realforce RGB can't do any macros and has limited lighting.

I had a K70 with browns and didn't really care for them. I'm loving the new speed switches. They are closer to blacks than reds like some compare them to. I'll probably send back the Topre board and keep the Corsair. Make no mistake, the Topre switches are the best, but The Speed switches are nice enough, with the lighting and features on the Corsair, that I'm keeping the Corsair. I hope this answered your questions..

Well, I just placed an order for the K70 LUX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Red LED — Cherry MX Brown. Since i only play the much slower paced MMORPGs like WoW and Rift, and I will use the keyboard for general use as well, that the Brown Switches could be my best match. Plus, my current MSI laptop with the steelcase keyboard has beautiful programmable lights that I no longer pay attention to, so all Red seems fine for me. Finally, the current sale for less than $100.00 for the keyboard direct from Corsair made it too hard to pass up. My fingers are crossed....

Archived