Corsair Community

K70 RGB LUX Keycaps Falling Off

PDX_Dragon

Hi Folks:

My keyboard is about a year old.

In that year three keycaps have fallen off. I don't know why, if I was rough on the keyboard I think more than that would have been dislodged.

I'm using WASD Keyboard's blue "O" rings on my Cherry Brown switches.

Any suggestions on how to add some grip to these keycaps? I'd like to still be able to get them off if I need to for some reason.

I found the first two keycapss after a short search around my couch and stuck them back on the key stalks where they remain without further incident, but I'm still looking for the third, "/", key. If the couch ate it, it's gone for good.

This site lists full replacement set for the "Classic" K70 and Strafe keyboards for @29.99 USD each. Are keycaps available for the RGB versions?

Thanks

Hi Folks:

My keyboard is about a year old.

In that year three keycaps have fallen off. I don't know why, if I was rough on the keyboard I think more than that would have been dislodged.

I'm using WASD Keyboard's blue "O" rings on my Cherry Brown switches.

Any suggestions on how to add some grip to these keycaps? I'd like to still be able to get them off if I need to for some reason.

I found the first two keycapss after a short search around my couch, but I'm still looking for the third, <Caps Lock>, key. If the couch ate it, it's gone for good.

This site lists full replacement set for the "Classic" K70 and Strafe keyboards for @29.99 USD each. Are keycaps available for the RGB versions?

Thanks

I just purchased a brand new K70 RGB with "brown" Cheery keys. It came with two sets of extra WASD keys.. as well as some others. They have extra "Grip" surface on them.. I wonder if you could order some extra's from Corsair?

I found the missing key cap. it was the keypad's "/" key.

I think the "O" rings might provide a smaller surface between the key switch stalk and the socket in the key cap. This probably provides a little less friction, less grip.

Only three keys have fallen off, all pushed back on. Two of them have stayed on for months. So just a tiny bit more grip should suffice.

I've pulled each key cap off to insert the "O" ring so it wouldn't be a problem to pull each off again to fix this issue before another cap goes missing.

As stated, I'd like a fix that will allow the cap to be removed if I want.

Suggestions?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
my k70 rgb arrived 3 days ago since it arrived every day the pageup and end keys keep falling off, today i organised a return to the seller. I thought corsair were producing high end products.....i wont make that mistake again. i do not mash the keyboard at all and i am very gentle with my typing.

Archived