Corsair Community

CUE 2.8.70 released 12/19/2016

Yakumo

This version is buggy that my Sabre is not able to use non-advanced lighting effects anymore together with advanced lighting efforts for Strafe. Described above as "dark" mouse with only DPI light. It didn't happen in any previous versions. What really mattered me is advanced lighting programing is EXTREMELY not friendly to most of users. I can't even make any effects as simple as factory stock ones.

Do something!!!

Maybe I'm just missing something. The update wiped out my default profiles to my corsair Strafe KB, mouse, and headset.

What is really irritating is the change in the static colors options. It appears that individual colors can no longer be applied - it is all one color or nothing.

Help, what am I overlooking?:evil:

Yeah this version causes my scimitar's side keys to stop responding in game. Some stop others will still work. Its weird and annoying. Please bring in auto switching between Advanced and Standard profiles. Most of my lighting is setup in basic so i can combine effects across kb+mouse(and mousepad after santas been lol) and my games in advanced mode and it ****s me no end that i have to manually change settings so my profiles work. I know alot of people have complained already but modes or something similar needs to be reintroduced please.

Yeah this version causes my scimitar's side keys to stop responding in game. Some stop others will still work. Its weird and annoying. Please bring in auto switching between Advanced and Standard profiles. Most of my lighting is setup in basic so i can combine effects across kb+mouse(and mousepad after santas been lol) and my games in advanced mode and it ****s me no end that i have to manually change settings so my profiles work. I know alot of people have complained already but modes or something similar needs to be reintroduced please.

My Scimitar also having problems. Side buttons keep spamming the keystroke endlessly. Also the rainbow led effect is gone :/

:roll:Well, that's funny, because I have never made a single macro for this keyboard or mouse. The only thing I have done is set up lighting effects and mapped several keyboard keys to the Scimitar buttons. I see in a new thread http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=164338 that someone is having the same problem with a different mouse and CUE 2.7.78. Just sayin' somethin's unstable.

:roll:Well, that's funny, because I have never made a single macro for this keyboard or mouse. The only thing I have done is set up lighting effects and mapped several keyboard keys to the Scimitar buttons. I see in a new thread http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=164338 that someone is having the same problem with a different mouse and CUE 2.7.78. Just sayin' somethin's unstable.

that funny you have no problems but you marked it as bad even though you have no idea whats causing his problem. His CUE build isnt 2.8.70 so it doesnt mean this build is unstable...

No. What I AM SAYING is that v2.8.70 f****d up the settings for my mouse after receiving a "macro error" of some sort during its installation. Seeing (as I said earlier) that I HAVE NOT configured a SINGLE macro for either the keyboard OR the mouse, I was under the assumption that this "macro error" was an error within the installation. I had to go back to v2.7.78 and rebuild all my configurations. The building blocks were there when v2.7.78 was again installed, but the process of jumping back and forth screwed them up and I had to put everything back in its place to get things working again like I wanted.

What I found funny was the fact that I thought Agrivar2277 said that he was having the same problems me, but with v2.7.78, which works for me. Going back and rereading the post, I see he was referring to v2.8.70 and was going back to v2.3.74. That's the problem with jumping from thread to thread and forum to forum, things get mixed up.

And YES, I AM saying v2.8.70 is f****d up, at least for me and a couple others who have posted in this thread. No, I do not know what is causing other people's problems. I just know that when I went from v2.7.78, which was relatively stable on my computer, to v2.8.70, s*** was broken that wasn't broken prior. So, yes, I am well within my right to say that for me v2.8.70 is unstable. Case. Closed.

• 2 weeks later...

This new version 2.8.70 has fixed quite a bit of issues for me.

Keychatter on my k70 rgb rapidfire is gone (also on max polling rate).

All buttons on the void usb are working as they should now without hickups or misreads of input on long or short buttonpresses.

The only thing that seems to be wrong still is the lightingsettings for the media buttons on the k70 rapidfire. When trying to give any of those 4 buttons a color the 4th button lights up with it and must be manually unlit again to set it on it's own color. Something is miss with just those 4 buttons in the lightingsettings, other then that all other colorsettings work without flaws.

Thanks, now i can finally use my keybord as it was ment to be without having to retype my passwords a zilion times caused by keychatter.

no it's a problem of cue , just happens on this version.

But i spoke too soon, the keychatter is returning.

I really hate this expensive piece of crapware. any non mechanical keybord works way better then this keychattering crap.

i've had it with corsair and them slapping their name on stuff they just buy from others. If this expensive premiumpriced keybord rgb rrapidfire can't be used to type.... or only one day after new software.

What the hell are you guys doing really ?

Trying to fix problems of overclocking *******s who allways got problems and so you screw up your software for them so nobody gets a working system in the end??

Archived