Corsair Community

MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR + TWINX3200LL + 200FSB BIG PROBLEM!!

rebell

I have a MSI K7N2 Delta and simply cannot get it to run using a 400mhzfsb AMD Athlon 3200+ and TWINX3200LL 1024mb I have adjusted every possible setting I can think of. The closest I can get is running the system with these settings. Dimm Voltage 2.7 Cpu Voltage 1.675 FSB 190mhz CAS Latency 3.0 All other mem timings as default (spd) The error I recieve on the bsod is "Machine Exception Fault" I have run memtest v3 and get many errors at any settings above 190fsb. I have the latest version of the bios from MSI 550w enermax psu Temp of cpu is fine @ 49 degrees Could you please reccommend any settings to run the memory at that you think may overcome this problem :ar:Just about to stick 240v AC down the 12v DC that'll fix it!:ar:

• Corsair Employee
That might suggest some other problem, I would make sure the MB you have will support 200 FSB CPU's as this model when it was first released would only run 166 FSB CPU's max. And if you can test the memory on another system that might help to isolate the problem.

Hi Ramguy Thanks for your response. In regards to the mobo it definately does support the 3200+ @ 400fsb. As a double measure I swopped all components over to an asus A7V600 and had the exact same error. Unfortunately I only have 1 cpu that runs @ 200mhz. The other I have is a 133fsb 2100+ and this works very well with the TWINX no memtest errors atall on either board but as I say the fsb is set to 133 so its not really any help. Other than trying a replacement cpu is there anything else that springs to mind that could cause this? Thanks for your time!! Much appreciated. :D:

Hi all After extensive testing of my modules and still not coming up with a resolve for this issue I took the plunge and splashed out on another cpu (XP3200+). What a difference the system is completely stable and totally overclockable. The cpu I purchased was a retail version and was looked totally different from my original OEM cpu. On the retail version there were additional resistors in place and the colour was brown instead of green. There obviously is different revisions of this processor and compatibility is DEFINATELY an issue here. Moral of the story......... DONT BE SO QUICK TO BLAME THE MEMORY!! :!: P.S. Cheers for your input RAMGUY, gets the old grey matter working!!

Archived