The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > iCUE SDK

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2019, 12:37 AM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999401
djhexx Reputation: 10
Default iHue: A Phillips Hue sync clone for Corsair RGB Lighting

I just wanted to showcase something I'm working on using @DarthAffe's RGB.net library. It's basically a program to emulate the functionality of the Phillips Hue Sync on Corsair devices. For those who don't know, this will pick the dominant color from the screen and set the led lights to the color it finds. It will work with any app, video, or game with low latency and relatively low CPU.

So far its coming along very well. Although it's still in very early stages, I couldn't help but to show you guys what I have accomplished so far. There is still tons of work to be done. I have a lot of plans to do a lot of pretty cool things with this.
Next features will be a richer color palette, color fading transitions, and the ability to split the screen into multiple regions and assign the appropriate LED lights to capture the color in the corresponding area of the screen.

It's just the beginning! Enjoy!

UPDATE (4/1): added gradient fading between color transitions. Also did A LOT of code cleanup / refactoring. No this is not an April Fool's joke :)
UPDATE: Added multi-part lighting zones. See Part 2 demo below.

Demo (PART 2):
Demo (PART 1):

Hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by djhexx; 09-07-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:01 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999417
Zotty Reputation: 52

ohh... nice.... i will have a play buddy :).. been using hue Sync my self, which only works with my Hue equipment, i have 3 hue play bars behind my screen..

Old 03-29-2019, 08:08 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999426
TackDaniels Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhexx View Post
I just wanted to showcase something I'm working on using @DarthAffe's RGB.net library. It's basically a program to emulate the functionality of the Phillips Hue Sync on Corsair devices. For those who don't know, this will pick the dominant color from the screen and set the led lights to the color it finds. It will work with any app, video, or game with low latency and relatively low CPU.

So far its coming along very well. Although it's still in very early stages, I couldn't help but to show you guys what I have accomplished so far. There is still tons of work to be done. I have a lot of plans to do a lot of pretty cool things with this.
Next features will be a richer color palette, color fading transitions, and the ability to split the screen into multiple regions and assign the appropriate LED lights to capture the color in the corresponding area of the screen.

It's just the beginning! Enjoy!

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDiGs__8wEE
Code: https://github.com/MetalHexx/iHue

Hope you guys enjoy.
This is awesome! I'm using Hue Sync, too. IMO iCue should have that functionality by itself. Keep on!
Old 03-29-2019, 10:56 AM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
ohh... nice.... i will have a play buddy :).. been using hue Sync my self, which only works with my Hue equipment, i have 3 hue play bars behind my screen..

https://youtu.be/a4NXxXMAKg8

I've seen your setup man and it's one of the videos that inspired me to work on this code. Really nice work. Maybe you'll be able to dump the Hue soon.

I just realized that the Hue sync app for iPhone is called iHue, so I guess I need to change the name of my project haha.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:04 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999440

Actually there is no Hue Sync App for iPhone. The Hue Sync App is for PC and Mac only. The Hue App for iPhone is just called "Hue".
Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999485

Will be watching and waiting buddy :).. exciting times
Old 03-30-2019, 01:51 AM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999523

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackDaniels View Post
Actually there is no Hue Sync App for iPhone. The Hue Sync App is for PC and Mac only. The Hue App for iPhone is just called "Hue".
Good to know. However iHue does exist even if its not the official app. Maybe it doesn't matter. We'll see. =P

https://www.google.com/search?q=ihue...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 03-30-2019, 02:16 AM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999524

Got screen splitting working. You can split the screen in as many equal size parts as desired in a 2 dimensional matrix. Here I am arbitrarily splitting the LEDs across the surface into 2 zones and it looks like that resulted in my strips being blue and the peripherals red. Nice thing is, the CPU utilization wasn't affected even if I go as high as 10x10 (currently hitting around 10%) and latency seems unaffected.

Shouln't take too long to figure out how to fine tune the led addressing and get some sort of configuration scheme working. Ignore that direct x exception. It doesn't seem to affect anything. Bigger fish to fry. :)

(See attached screenshot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190330_020542.jpg (2.58 MB, 106 views)
Old 03-30-2019, 04:36 AM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999532

I'm burning the midnight oil again tonight. I got the screen split into multple parts and assigning appropriate LEDs in the office space to correlate.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:32 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999568

thats working real well
Old 04-01-2019, 02:54 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999758

I wonder why Philips and/or Corsair don't get the multiple screen parts thing working
Old 04-01-2019, 07:17 PM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999850

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackDaniels View Post
I wonder why Philips and/or Corsair don't get the multiple screen parts thing working
Oh does the phillips hue sync not do this? When watching demos on YouTube, I was under the assumption that it did...
Old 04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
djhexx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999851

By the way folks, I got the fading between color transitions working as well which mitigates / eliminates the flashyness depending on many colors it's configured to generate between the transition. It seems 250 colors between color transitions is a nice sweet spot for fast moving video and games. 1000 (or whatever the max between colors is) is a nicer experience for chilling on the web and such. This setting will be configurable when I release binaries...
Old 04-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 999876
Gronar Reputation: 10

Awesome work man!
Old 04-06-2019, 04:38 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000488

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhexx View Post
Oh does the phillips hue sync not do this? When watching demos on YouTube, I was under the assumption that it did...
Actually not. It only recognizes the "major" color in the middle of the display. Not with the Sync App definitely. The Philips Ambilight TVs have a 2x2 partition (as far from what I've seen, no proof for that).

Last edited by TackDaniels; 04-06-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Tags
c#, cuesdk, hue, phillips, sync