Corsair Community

H100i PRO RGB and HD120 RGB LED

mets013

Hello! I was wondering if the mmH20 and the CFM on the HD120 RGB LED fans is enough for the hydro H100i PRO RGB radiator?

I've read that static pressure is important for fans on radiators but i couldn't find what mmH20 value that's "good".

Thanks!

That’s because there isn’t a “good value” for static pressure. It is always rpm dependent and any comparison has to equalize speeds to be valid. More importantly, that static pressure value is the amount of negative pressure required to bring the fan from xxx rpm to zero. It is a potential measure of how a fan responds to resistance, not how much air it will move on a radiator or its cooling ability. I have a nice 2.8mm H2O fan, but its 40x40mm, runs 3800 rpm, and still only moves 9 cfm. Not what you want on a radiator. Airflow is still the determining factor.

The shorter answer is yes, the HD series is perfectly suitable as a radiator fan. There should be no difference in cooling performance between it and the ML-Quiet series. In fact, at higher speeds the HD likely puts more air through the radiator.

Archived