The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > Bulldog and Lapdog

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787240
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We'll have to see how well the SF600 fares in the marketplace before we look at producing a sleeved cable kit for it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:04 AM

POST ID # = 790915
Cypto Reputation: 10
Default Re. BullDog

"How do you feel about the ID? The price tag? The technology? Let us know here!"

Overall I'm all for getting a capable gaming PC into the living room, although with doing so (since this wouldn't exactly be a budget build) I would want it to be a permanent piece of hardware in the living room.

With that the overall design I feel it is going down the "Gamer" route, which in a living room setup would either be hidden out of sight (not great for temps) or end up with a spray-can taken to it to cover up the flashy red accents.

Accents in bright colours can look visually appealing, however when used too much it borders on the "gamer" go faster stripes look.

I'd be much more inclined with a design similar to this.

Still keeping the overall look of the system, however toned down slightly to fit within a living room setting. It would also tie in with the aesthetics of the obsidian line of cases.

Above: only a quick mockup, the symetry is off in a few places amongst other things.

Last edited by Cypto; 07-23-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 790969

So we have actually made some revisions to the ID, but the front can't be completely covered as there is an intake there for the graphics card.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Geek/PC Builder
mTECHIE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791101
mTECHIE Reputation: 10

Something that caught my attention is the SF600 power supply....

Old 07-26-2015, 08:05 AM

POST ID # = 791488
Cypto Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
So we have actually made some revisions to the ID, but the front can't be completely covered as there is an intake there for the graphics card.
Very good point, was concerned about that myself when making the image edits, can't wait to see the changes made. As I've mentioned before it's a great design for a case the hardware power to volume ratio is just outstanding.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 791719

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTECHIE View Post
Something that caught my attention is the SF600 power supply....
Good, it should. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypto View Post
Very good point, was concerned about that myself when making the image edits, can't wait to see the changes made. As I've mentioned before it's a great design for a case the hardware power to volume ratio is just outstanding.
That's what we were going for. The changes we've made are modest, but more to get it in line with looking like a true part of your entertainment center.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:26 AM

POST ID # = 792908
DanL249 Reputation: 10

I agree with the previous changes to tone down the 'gamery' aspects of the design and to make the struts (stands) less prominent.

I read on the FAQ that some initial designs were made with a full aluminium outer body, but were later changed to plastic for cost and weight reasons. I understand it's probably not cost effective to produce, but I would purchase an aluminium body version at a higher cost, solely because it would present as a high quality, solid piece of equipment in the living room.

I'm also intrigued by how the Bulldog could be subtly accented with internal LED's shining through some panel gaps or meshes.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
emissary42's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792919
emissary42 emissary42 Reputation: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
... used in completing SFX power supplies
One l too much.

Is front USB 3.1 completely out of the question for first gen bulldog?

Other than that i would have preferred an aluminium body as well, just for the more premiumish look & feel. From my guess the weight difference would probably not be an issue for the majority of potential buyers.

And i personally would remove the front struts and instead just put a pair of hi-fi case feet under it.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 793307

Front USB 3.1 is out of the question for first gen; there still isn't an industry standard internal connector for it.

The aluminum would've been...let's just say...prohibitively expensive to do. But I just saw one of the new finishes we're looking at using and I gotta be honest, it's incredibly attractive. I actually like it a lot more than the black brushed aluminum we were using on the early prototypes.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:40 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 794074
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

When are we going to be able to see a more updated ID for Bulldog?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 794094

PAX Prime. :)

Old 08-06-2015, 03:21 PM

POST ID # = 794157

Nice :)

I just got an email from Corsair with a survey to fill out. Are you guys considering offering a full system to buy complete?

Old 08-07-2015, 06:26 AM

POST ID # = 794281
vXhanz Reputation: 10

Since I'm new to the forum, and never heard of "Bulldog" until a few minutes ago (I'm new to PC building and moving from a Mac and still doing research so please bear with me).

It was asked what our initial impression was of the case, and after reading about the hardware, I really like what I've seen so far (based on my very limited knowledge) and think liquid cooling is pretty innovative for a home console.

That being said... the ID... wow, not my cup of tea at all. The red, as mentioned previously I would scrub entirely to make it blend in more with other media centered around a TV. This was already covered and is getting re-worked. Black, silver, gunmetal would match my Sony TV a lot better.

The jagged lines of the case are "ok" I guess, but the feet/legs on the box really make it look weird to me. It's something that if I was walking into a room for the first time I would say "What is that?" (which might be the point), then I would explain what it is, the name, etc. and it would just seem out of place to me. Maybe when/if it becomes more mainstream saying "It's a bulldog" will be as common as PS4, or Xbox? I just see it as much harder to explain without my relatives snickering or rolling their eyes.

From a "wow" factor... yep, I think you have that covered. My kids might like it, though I suspect they will say it looks "weird" or "strange" or try to compare it to another animal until they are shown a picture of a bulldog.

I don't know if it would even be possible in v2.0 but the ability to stand it up on its side would be nice, or at least have that option.

All of that being said, I can't comment on hardware upgrades or changes as I'm still learning about them. The initial impression I have is that I don't like the look of it at all, but I'm willing to look at the machine as a whole and running and give it an objective look to see how it performs. I wouldn't overclock this as I'm not skilled enough to know what I'm doing yet. I think it might make for an interesting project to work on with my son when it's released and something we could assemble together.

V

Last edited by vXhanz; 08-07-2015 at 06:41 AM.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:01 PM

POST ID # = 803357

This is the redesigned Bulldog

Old 08-31-2015, 06:31 PM
emissary42's PC Specs

POST ID # = 804128
emissary42 emissary42 Reputation: 122

Corsair Bulldog @ http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/bulldog

Corsair Bulldog and Lapdog 4K gaming: the first gamer hands-on impressions:

Last edited by emissary42; 08-31-2015 at 09:10 PM.