The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 01:40 PM
FloorPizza's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763548
FloorPizza Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
This software release is primarily for the support of the new H80i GT and H100i GTX coolers. We are still working on software/firmware updates based on end user feedback and internal testing for other items.
To all the people upset that their bugs have not been fixed in this version of Corsair Link, take a closer look at the Release Notes, especially the bold, large font part above.

Unfortunately, this release was to add support for two new AIO coolers, NOT to correct existing bugs.

Holding off on purchasing a Commander Mini for now...

Old 03-01-2015, 02:00 PM

POST ID # = 763554
Snapper65 Reputation: 10
Default All good

Hi

New version is fine on Win7 64bit with H80i

All runs well, except LED set to one colour

Minor spelling mistake, under "English UK"

Options/Devices/Check for updates

Reads as ... Cueck for updates

Look forward to the new version of Link

Old 03-01-2015, 03:41 PM
alucard_24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763575
alucard_24 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPizza View Post
To all the people upset that their bugs have not been fixed in this version of Corsair Link, take a closer look at the Release Notes, especially the bold, large font part above.

Unfortunately, this release was to add support for two new AIO coolers, NOT to correct existing bugs.

Holding off on purchasing a Commander Mini for now...
I bought corsair H100i and I paid immediately for a working hardware and working software! "We are still working on software/firmware updates based on end user feedback and internal testing for other items." doesn't make any sense.... we want to know when we can finally get a working version....
That guy told us on his post that we would have received a working version on 16/02/2015. Then he edited his post specifying two weeks of delay........

I think that you can evaluate by yourself.....

Bye

Old 03-01-2015, 10:22 PM

POST ID # = 763620
pollopopo Reputation: 10

I have the ax1200i, the latest RC does not work properly ...
The reader consumption and temperature blink
The sensor of the fan is working properly.

you can set the fan speed in rpm lower than 40% ??

Old 03-01-2015, 10:28 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763622
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollopopo View Post

you can set the fan speed in rpm lower than 40% ??
@ 40% is the lowest speed that can be set and aren't designed to be fully off...

Old 03-02-2015, 05:19 AM
NovemberHotel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763660
NovemberHotel Reputation: 10
Default .NET Exception

Unable to start software, JIT reports this. Not sure what it is trying to de-serialize.
Exception occurs when starting software. Always occurs.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM
RasmusKN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763779
RasmusKN Reputation: 10

Cannot see any difference between this version and the last one.

I still got problems with proper detection of my CPU when it comes to temperature and load, and I cannot ajust the speed on the fans of my GPU. Only have one GPU and not two in SLI as some of you guys. And some of my sensors still detect temperatures at 0 C and loads at 0%, which is bull****. Here are my specs:

Windows 8.1, 64-bit.
i5-4670k
MSI Nvidia GTX 780
H100i
Asus ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero

I really like Corsair. I really do. But I am almost running out of patience when it comes to their software. I just hope for a quick fix in the near future.

Last edited by RasmusKN; 03-02-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Adding image of Corsair Link.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JOMSDK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764096
JOMSDK Reputation: 10

To be honest its complete bs that they make it a version 3.XXX when they havn't fixed anything.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:36 AM
RevolvingPrawn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764100
RevolvingPrawn Reputation: 10

I had 2 profiles set up with V3, one of idle and one for gaming, there was a couple of issues of course but it was stuff I could get around.

Turned on my PC last night to find everything showing 0. They'd all duplicated themselves to the bottom of the scroll bar on the left, so I had to go through everything and reset both profiles. Definitely not amusing!

The issues for me so far:
  • Right clicking the icon on the taskbar and selecting one of my own profiles doesn't change to it
  • Doesn't pick up my H100i through my Commander Mini
  • GPU fan and temp sporadically showing 0 and duplicating working speed and temp into the scroll bar on the left
  • Everything showing 0 and duplicating working ones into the scroll bar on the left for no reason
  • Setting a custom curve on case fans that goes above 1000rpm results in fans constantly revving up and down by around 200rpm despite no change in temp
  • RGB LED's blink/flicker to full brightness every 10-15 seconds when set to change based on temp, or when case fans are set to custom curve

If it wasn't for these things, I'd actually be happy! I'm considering going back to 2.7 mainly because I didn't lose my profiles (too often) using that.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:33 AM
nu_father09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764319
nu_father09 Reputation: 10

Ok i just installed a new Corsair H100i GTX and installed the corsair link ver 3.*.* and the fans attached to the H100i GTX under corsair link shows my fans as not having any rpm's now they are actually spinning but i show no data on them is this a bug or am i missing something??? Including screen shot... Please assist!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSX_20150304_232925.jpg (644.6 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by nu_father09; 03-05-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Trying to get the screen shot to show up

Old 03-05-2015, 02:41 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764324
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Why is everyone having so many issues with this new version? Mine runs perfect now since update.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Darkom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764341
Darkom Reputation: 10

well i tried the 3.1 and now it the temp of the cpu and water collant inside my h80i says 0 knowing that it like before im not using it im back to my good old 2.4 drawback there is i have to select the led color every time i restart or start pc on
not a inprovement what so ever

and pls add a option to disable the splash screen when we start our pc

Old 03-05-2015, 12:57 PM
PrEzi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764377
PrEzi Reputation: 10

Hi,
running Win8.1 / AX1200i with Corsair Link - the newest Version ->3.1.5525 (and tested also one or two earlier Versions) and gives similar results :
not all sensors are detected, sometimes they are flashing red, sometimes display/report normal temps/rpms, under "Power" options it sometimes doesn't display anything.. or fluctuates - with every refresh after 2 seconds - it either displays some values or doesn't do that at all...
Looks like that :
http://i.imgur.com/Bzuq6Vx.png

I was/am quite unhappy because I thought it will be a nice additional feature... of course only when it works as advertised.
I was SO unimpressed (and also tried every virtual solution I could find -- regtweak (haven't been able to find the mentioned entry - the nearest was VID_1B1C&PID_1C00->r35425 for Corsair USB Dongle), installing as Admin/in compatibility mode, changing USB power options etc.) that I performed a search for a newer version of drivers for the USB Dongle...

This is what I've found :
Seems that Corsair is using the USBXpress hardware / chipset from Silicon Labs with customised drivers (I assume - via SDK).
SDK for USBXpress can be found here :
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBXpress.aspx

By doing driver release dates / versions comparision I could find out, that Corsair developers still use the legacy version of the SDK (v3.5.1) and not the newer one -> (v4.0.2 - Note: USBXpress 4.0 has been updated to make use of WinUSB. This version of the driver must be used with the latest interface library and CP210x Manufacturing DLLs. )
Release Notes :
http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu..._rel_notes.txt

I tried to create the drivers with the new SDK but I am seriously lacking knowledge and skills (might also be that I am totally wrong with my assumptions and Corsair uses the new WinUSB approach and the new SDK).
But - maybe someone could take a look at it ?

I would really like to use all the advertised features - that's also why I have payed extra bucks to have the best...

Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 PM
quozl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764518
quozl Reputation: 10

Seems to be working fine with my system specs as in my profile. CPU is showing correct temp now.

The only issue I am having is I can't seem to un-hide a motherboard temp sensor that I hid and it is only picking up one of the 2 x GTX 980 cards.

Does anyone know how I can un-hide a device? There is supposed to be a tick box under Options Settings dialogue but I can't see anything there.

Cheers Q

Last edited by quozl; 03-05-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:53 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 764692
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Seems to be working fine with my system specs as in my profile. CPU is showing correct temp now.

The only issue I am having is I can't seem to un-hide a motherboard temp sensor that I hid and it is only picking up one of the 2 x GTX 980 cards.

Does anyone know how I can un-hide a device? There is supposed to be a tick box under Options Settings dialogue but I can't see anything there.

Cheers Q
go into link options/general and click on ''show all devices''

Closed Thread