The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 03:25 PM

POST ID # = 815055
Maxgts Reputation: 10

I just completed my new z170 system. Everything went fine except for a noisy SP120 "Not-So-Quiet" fan. I replaced the stock fans on my H100i GTX with two SP120, but one makes a grinding noise right in the center. I hope this is not a sign of things to come with the other three SP fans in my case.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815197
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Try pressing down on the impeller and see if it needs to be popped into place.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:46 PM
howzz1854's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815225
howzz1854 Reputation: 10

ah yes, try pressing down the motor and clamp it together with your hands as hard as you can. i know it made mine better, but the rattle is still there. i honestly think there's a manufacturing quality control issue with these fans. as much as i love the performance of these fans, i think many of them come off the assembly line possibly with bearing ball out of alignment or possibly one of the balls is out of round.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 PM
angkorman09's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815863
angkorman09 Reputation: 10

Have you tried mounting the fans on top of the radiator ? I had big problems with my hx100i after i changed the fans to cooler master jetflo 120 pwm's completely stuffed the 100i and both fans, replaced it with a 100i gtx, all is good now, and yes i had checked everything over and over, cost @ $450 to get LED fans. so try on top with branding facing up, just a thought.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:28 PM

POST ID # = 865658
OC_Sergiu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Try pressing down on the impeller and see if it needs to be popped into place.
Hi! I apologize to revive this thread a year from the last comment, but I have that same problem and I won't to RMA yet (because of work) but later if the sound still there, I should do it. I explane my particular case: After 5 month with the ultraperforming h100i GTX (very quiet, very performing) the right fan mounted in Push on a 350D is making that rattling sound that makes you broke up the computer like a piece of wood with a Karate move. I tried to make a lot of tests and I discovered that If I press down the grill a little bit the sound is minimizing, but still there. Now, after I read the entire thead I seen (even on your comment) that is a possibility of fix that rattling but I don't understand very well how to do it. Can you explane more detailed? Thank you.

Tags
annoying, rattle sound, rattling, sp120